1.10.2013

Decorating: Re-styling the Coffee Table

I started the new year with revamping a few things in the house.  It was definitely time to re-style the coffee table.  I purchased this coffee table from Pottery Barn years ago.  In the last year, I've thought about getting rid of it.  The color is dark, the quality is sub par, and it was overpriced.  However, after placing a light colored rug underneath the coffee table and a little re-styling, I've decided to keep it for now.

Coffee Table Style

Coffee Table Style

Coffee Table Style
Until recently, my side job has been "Window Dressing" at malls and airports.  A friend gave me the book, 'Confessions of a Window Dresser.'  So perfect!  I really LOVE Jonathan Alder's work.  I recently visited his store in Soho...I could die!  I spurged and purchase the Jonathan Alder Coasters.  JA's latest book is on the coffee table too.

3 comments:

Heather said...

So cute! It looks great. I love the fabric on the chair in the background too. :)

Kate said...

I love your yellow chair!

The rug under the coffee table really brightens it. That was a great idea!

Brittany said...

I love your coffee table styling! I've been trying to get mine just right, but I've still got a bit of work to do! :)