4.05.2009

Amy's "Circus" Baby Shower

Last Saturday we had Amy's baby shower. In June Amy is having twin boys, Parker and Chase. I've been planning the shower for weeks. My original theme for her baby shower was "Two Peas in a Pod." I was going to serve cucumber sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, cupcakes, etc... Then I started thinking, "Wait, hasn't that been done a million times and I always leave baby showers ready for a nap." I decided to do something completely different and more "Amy-ish." So, the theme for Amy's shower was "Big Top Circus." It was the perfect theme for Amy because she loves circus food. :)

I spent lots of time brainstorming ideas and making decorations. I found some cute ideas online and TV.

The Front Door







Amy Arrived, Early! The Hostesses with Amy



The Guests Arrive




Greeting Guests at the Door. I wish I had my shoes on in the pic b/c they were cute. I'm wearing the CUTE headband my friend, Melissa, gave me in the "Pink Swap."




Dinner is Served

Circus Food~ Mini Corn Dogs, Fries, Veggie Skewers, Chicken Tenders
Lots of Dipping Sauces





French Fry Cone




We also had a "Make Your Own Hot Dog" bar.

Remember this is not a typical baby shower.




It was a nice evening, we dined outside.
Is "dined" really the right word when you're having a hot dawg?


Centerpiece~ I love the way they turned out










After dinner I passed out little cards and had each guest write a separate note to
Amy and Joe with advice, tips, or well wishes. I really like Joe, Amy's husband, and wanted him to be included. I'll be doing something cute with those later. I'll keep y'all posted. :)




Nicole won the game "Mommy's Secrets." It's a game Maria and I made up for another baby shower we hosted together. It's much more entertaining than a typical shower game.


Amy opened her gifts







After gifts, we had dessert











Amy picked the elephant cupcake b/c she's a republican and she went the the Roll Tide school... University of Alabama. It's more fun to call it the Roll Tide School.





Party Favors~ Each guest left with a bag of Fresh Cotton Candy that I made myself. Just Kidding... I didn't make it. Have you ever tried to make cotton candy? In college, my sorority/social club (private school) rented a cotton candy machine for a rush. It's a mess!



Maria's son, Austin.
We were playing around as we were cleaning up. I love this pic!

41 comments:

KLC said...

What a fabulous party theme!!! Looks like everyone had a great time!

BLC :o said...

What a FUN baby shower!??? And, loving the headband! Xoxo-BLC

Sara said...

This is a very cute idea! I know lots of women this would work for. I might just have to borrow it the next time I host! Too cute!

Sandra said...

This is the cutest ever!! So bright and colorful and the food is fab!! The mommy-to-be is glowing with happiness! You did a wonderful job!!

AG said...

Everything is adorable. I love the bright colors and cuteness of it all!

Amy C said...

Thank you, thank you , THANK YOU!!! It was AWESOME!!!! I had so much fun and everyone keeps talking about how talented and creative you are!!! I agree :-)

In This Wonderful Life said...

Cutest shower EVER!!!! I loved all the goodies!!

Danielle Moss said...

Really cute! Such an adorable shower!

I was hoping I'd get to see a pic of the finished invites (I guess you'd have to tape something over her last name and address?).

You did a fantastic job!

Purple Flowers said...

That is a very creative party! You should be applauded for that.
And I love the picture of Austin in between the balloons - very cute in a frame for his parents!

Abbi said...

what an awesome theme!! you did such a great job on all the decor! your sooooo creative!!!
you look cute as always!!!

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job! Wow, what a party!! Love it.

John said...

Okay, I'll bite... tell me about the "Mommy's Secrets" game.

yours truly... said...

Oh my goodness Jill! This theme is so incredibly fantastic. I LOVE IT!! The decorations, the food....unbelievable!! You are too awesome!!

Brenden's Mommy said...

What a super cute theme! So colorful and fun... Great job!

Gracie said...

LOVE-ing this idea!
Where did you find all the suckers - it seems like it's hard to find so many all in one place that aren't broken!

Jenji said...

What a AWESOME shower! You are very creative.:)

s. pearce feldman said...

you did such a wonderful job! it looks like you all had so much fun - i'm keeping this idea in my back pocket, hoping i get to use it someday soon!

Anonymous said...

You are an incredibly talented hostess. I love the theme, the directions, the menu, everything! I'm sure it meant a lot to your friend.

I love the names she and her husband selected for their boys :)

Aliya said...

What a CUTE and creative idea!! Way to think outside the box... I love it!

midnight macaroons said...

You did an awesome job!!! I love the cute cupcakes. And the cotton candy was perfect for party favors. Everything looked amazing. Your friend looks really nice. I wish her best wishes for her two baby boys. I'm sure they are going to be adorable. Bravo...

Did you play Britney's new Circus cd? ~hee, hee...

Well I Do Declare said...

TOO freakin cute!!! You did an amazing job and the food looked so festive!

Sweet Simplicity said...

CUTE BABY SHOWER!! That is such a fun theme. I love cotton candy.

In With the Light said...

what a great creative idea! love all the favors, food and decorations! i am taking tips for the next time i throw a shower for someone. :)

Legal Preppy said...

oh goodness that is just the cutest!

theluckiestmrs said...

Jill,
This is so cute! I love the whole theme...and the mini corndogs, french fries, etc looked so adorable & yummy!

Kristie said...

I am totally going to use this theme soon! It was absolutely adorable!

That Pink Girl said...

So cute and so creative. You did a great job - how fun!

Natalie said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I LOVE themed parties!!!

You did a great job!! I love the cotton candy party favors!!

Treasure Ann said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I pray that Amy will have a successful and healthy labor and children. You did a great job with the decorations and I mean it really looks like you put a lot of work into it. Fantastic job. Amy looked like she had a great time. I know she appreciated what you did. "Fun Times last forever, but the memories are a lifetime."

jana said...

That is quite possibly the cutest baby shower ever!! You should open your own party planning business - I love your ideas.

Woman Interrupted said...

Are you sure you don't throw parties for a living? Your decorations and execution did not dissapoint! Now I have to see the nursery that goes along with the circus theme...please share if you can.

Amy said...

What a great idea! - too bad Britney couldn't have made an appearance to sing her circus song, ha ha.

Jules said...

Kudos to you, Jill! You and your friends did a fantastic job on the shower. I love the theme, the food you had, centerpieces, favors...everything. The veggie skewers are such a cute idea and the cupcakes look like they were delicious.

I really like the dress you wore too!

3 Peanuts said...

Really cute shower! Where did you get shoe daring cupcakes?

Janet said...

The theme is so different and so fun - just perfect for twins. I love the effect of the bright colors. You did an amazing job. Even the weather was perfect.
Love, Mom

melissa said...

Such a cute baby shower theme. Love all the decorations.
The headband looks darling on you too ... of course you are so gorgeous regardless! :)

xo
melissa

Daniella said...

What a fabulous idea for a shower - you are so clever :) What a difference than the typical shower.

Unknown said...

OMG so CUTE!!!

Kate said...

Wow, what a fun theme! Everything looks so cute

Anonymous said...

That is the funnest theme!! Looks like it turned out really cute.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is sooooo cute! My girlfriend wants the same theme and you have given me AMAZING decorating ideas!! Did you perchance have circus themed games as well? Because I'm trying to come up with great ones!