11.15.2008

I’ve had a busy week. On Monday I picked up my new company car, a Ford Fusion. My company replaces our cars about every 55,000-60,000 miles. This is my 5th car in 10 years. I drive a lot!!! When I picked up the car on Monday I had 6 miles on it. Friday afternoon I had 830 miles.

After my busy week I decided to stay in on Friday night and make crab cakes. I’m so wild and crazy! I’m planning on making dinner for my family on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve we usually have a holiday finger foods. One of the items on my menu is crab cakes. I tried a recipe from the October issue of Coastal Living. It took me a few times to get the “flip” down. When I finally got the hang of it, they turned out really well. I'm including the recipe. It’s delicious.

The rest of my weekend is going to be really busy. I have some girly events to attend. More to come later….



Mini Crab Cake from the October 2008 issue




1 large egg, beaten
3 tablespoons of mayonnaise (I use light)
1 tablespoon finely chopped pimientos
4 saltine crackers, crumbled (I used Ritz)
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Found it at Super Target)
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
½ lb. lump crabmeat
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided

Combine egg and next 5 ingredients, and mix well. Gently fold in crab; don’t over mix. Form into 12 mini crab cakes (I didn’t have 12, mine were a bit bigger). The patties will be fairly wet. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry crab cakes, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

11 comments:

Lulu said...

You go girl! Making crab cakes is no easy task, but that's just my opinion.

Lori said...

I love all the yummy seafood recipes in CL! I think that's awesome that you're making the food for your family's Christmas Eve!! That will be such a fun time!
I've never tried making crab cakes, but I might just have to try this...maybe for Christmas too! Thanks for the inspiration!

The Golden Years said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Dawn said...

Those sound delicious...I love doing appetizer type food on Christmas Eve...how fun for you to get to do if for your family!!

AND um, WOW you do drive alot!!! I think I would just want to stay home all weekend after driving that much!!

Have a fun weekend.

*One Step at a Time* said...

I'm definitely going to have to try that recipe! It sounds delicious! Thank you :)

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like a great recipe for crab cakes...I don't know if I would've been able to get the flip down!

Danielle Moss said...

Well, as you know, I don't eat crab...but if I did I'm sure I'd love this!

You didn't tell me you got your car! I want to know what color you got! Talk to you soon.

Monogramchick said...

Those crab cakes look yummy! I have never had the guts to make my own, maybe I will try it now :)

Hope you had a great weekend!

Jules said...

Thanks for the recipe! I love recipes!!!

I also want to know what color car you have. :) It's always my first question when someone mentions a new car. I guess I am a little girly! :)

Janet said...

Can't wait to try the crab cakes!
Love, Mom

Sweet Simplicity said...

That is a lot of miles! But at least you are travelling in style!