11.06.2009

Advice??

Clearly, I’ve in a blogging slump the last 2 weeks! Lately I spend over 50% of my life in a car (my own or a rental), the airport, the airport runway, on an airplane, or at work! I haven’t had much to write about. However, there is one little project I’ve been working on... everyday flatware!!!

Since I’m in my 30’s and I only have 3 dinner forks, I have been researching flatware patterns. I think it’s time to have a grown up set and more than 3 dinner forks. Although, I have enjoyed telling people over the years that most of my friends registered by age 30 and I still have THREE dinner forks. Anyway, I’ve narrowed my search down to 2 patterns. I’m definitely leaning toward one pattern more than the other.

Since y'all have such great taste, I’d like to hear your opinions on the flatware. Even though I’ve narrowed my decision to 2 patterns, I’m posting 3. One of the 3 patterns has never been in the running. Which flatware pattern do you like the best? Can you guess which one I like the best? Which one do you think was never an option for me?



Here are a few clues to my style... Pictures of my dinnerware & my Grandmother's vintage Silverware that I love & borrow on occasion...




Option #1- Dover




Option #2- Sheraton





Option #3- Louisiana

25 comments:

Always Pretty in Pink said...

I love number one. It has great detail, without looking like too much. :)

Amy C said...

I think #2 is not an option. I also think you prefer #1...I also like #1, very girly and elegant :-)

Anonymous said...

Option 2 for sure!

TanyaLea said...

I like one and three the best...the scalloped edges compliment your dishes. (Love those, too, BTW!!) ;)

Danielle Moss said...

I am torn between 1 and 2. 3 feels pretty but too fancy for every day. I like the simplicity of 2.

you know i can't make a decision to save my life ;)

Jill said...

I like #1 but I think you picked #3. I think #2 was never in the running.

Ashley Lauren said...

I like Number 1 :) Number 2 seems more contemporary in style than your plates.

Angie said...

Number 1 is beautiful, I think that's your style! Number 2 is the one that isn't in the running
Have a good weekend!!

Tami said...

Oh this is fun Jill! My guess is it's betwwen 1 and 3....and I think #1 would compliment your dinnerware the best...very traditional, and not overdone. Can't wait to hear which one YOU go with:-).

Hugs,
Tami

Abbi said...

#1!! it looks totally like you! very elegant but it also has style! very much so like you! #2 is to plain and #3 is to much!

Sara said...

I vote option 2. It looks very versatile.

Amy Maze said...

i love #1 and think #2 was never an option!:)

HLB said...

Love love love Dover. :)

#2 is just too simple for the taste that you show through those pictures of your grandmothers.

Wearing Mascara said...

I personally like number #1... definitely not #2.

Shoshanah said...

#3 reminds me of the silver my parents had when I was growing up. But I would probably go with #1

midnight macaroons said...

I use the Louisiana pattern, #3. And it might look too fancy to some but I like it. I get compliments on my silverware all the time :) However, I do like #1. You've selected some beautiful patterns. I don't think you could go wrong.

That Pink Girl said...

All are gorgeous! Something to keep in mind; brands like Oneida have a group of patterns they guarantee they will never stop making. So you'll always be able to find more pieces!

AndreaLeigh said...

#3 for sure!

April said...

I like 1 and 3!! 1 is really pretty, but 3 seems very vintage. Love them!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

I don't like #2 at all. Louisiana (#3) seems like you. = )

Carrie said...

#2 is my favorite! :) But, that might be more my style than yours -- I picture you with something a bit more traditional and ornate.

Woman Interrupted said...

For me, I love option 2. But for you, I think option 1...how weird is it that I feel I know you well enough to help pick out your flatware!! Option 1 is still feminine and pretty (but not overly so)and I think its more versatile in case your style changes over the years.

Woman Interrupted said...

Oh, one more thing. They way they feel in your hand is important, too. Make sure you compare them for weight and feel...or is that just my weird thing?

My set from Crate & Barrel is chunky and heavy which I love for everyday use, but they don't seem to match with my china, which is classic and delicate.

Rachel said...

I think #2 is not an option. I love #1 so, I think it's the winner.

Sassy Engineer said...

My style is probably more #2, but I think that has never been in the running for you. Honestly, for you I kind of like #3 even if it is a bit more flowery than number 1.