3.10.2010

Hello Kitty Airport Terminal

I travel almost every week for work. I'm beyond happy these days... I'll be flying more than driving! At K*dak the policy was to drive within a FIVE hour radius. Yikes, the policy was changed from a four hour radius to five hour last year. The excessive driving was so boring & I couldn't get anything done. Thank goodness for my new job! We only have to drive within a 2 hour radius. Yay!

I'll be the first to admit flying is not always glamours but after the many Friday nights I've spent in the car, I'll take it! I rather sit in the Continental President's Club with a glass of wine and play on the computer & the phone any day over driving. ;)

I was browsing the Internet and found a Hello Kitty Airport Terminal at Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) in Taiwan. HOW CUTE! I'd love to have a very long layover or delay in this airport. The terminal has a Hello Kitty playground, a Baby Kitty nursery, a rainbow theater and a Hello Kitty shop, that has special items only sold at TPE.





I wonder what men think when their flight is in or out of this terminal, especially men flying on business that have no idea there is a Hello Kitty airport terminal. I bet they're thinking, "Get me out of here," or "All this pink is giving me a headache," or "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."

25 comments:

Jill said...

Definitely interesting! I'm glad you're loving your job and not having to drive as much.

LWLH said...

I'm a little intrigued but also a tad frightened by hello kitty.

Jules said...

This has got to be one of the cutest things ever! I know how much you love Hello, Kitty and this is right up your alley. That is so great that you’ll get to fly more with the new job. 5 hours one way is too far and I wouldn’t be able to get anything done either.

Drew said...

I have to see that airport in person one day! I've loved Hello Kitty since I was a teeny tiny tot!

midnight macaroons said...

This terminal is totally you. I really love the kitty face print chairs. I'd be happy sitting in this terminal but I don't think my husband would. He would probably sit across from this terminal or wait in the bar. The image of him sitting in that pink chair while working on his laptop is priceless, hee, hee.....Thanks for a good giggle.

P*P*P said...

Oh my goodness! I totally want to visit this airport!!

I am glad you like your new job -- I would hate driving all of the time too! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love the pink phones! How fun!

Lexilooo said...

Love it! I want to go!

I have a pink HK luggage tag that I use when I travel :)

Unknown said...

HAHA too funny! I love Hello Kitty too and wouldnt mind have a layover there either.

Unknown said...

HAHA too funny! I love Hello Kitty, I wouldnt mind having a layover there either.

Heather said...

That is pretty wild! Very cute. Like you said, I wonder what the men think...

In This Wonderful Life said...

how cute!!! Never heard of it.

BroncoMom said...

Mercy, that is SO cute!!!
Thanks for posting this.

Elle said...

That isthe weirdest thing ever. How many people would stumble in there jet lagged and think they were hallucinating?

I am so happy that you love the new job. I hope the work is satisfying and stimulating for you too.

S said...

That is really neat! I didnt even know there was a hello kitty airport.. very cute :)

Shoshanah said...

That terminal is so funny. I can hardly believe it exists in real life.

Amy Maze said...

this is the funniest thing! only you would find such a thing on the internet! ha!

Danielle Moss said...

How cute!!! I love it :)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I hope it won't be long until I can take pictures of us in that section of the airport when we bring home Lindy's mei mei.

I'll be sure to bring you something back.

Hey, can you pray for my family...Read my blog post on Osborn Odds 'N Ends. I'm kind of a mess.

Love you~
Lisa

That Pink Girl said...

So cute! Never thought an airport terminal could be described as precious!

AmyT said...

that is just too cute!!!

PaisleyGrove said...

Hi Jill, My daughter loves Hello Kitty and totally freaked out when she saw your pics. I have to admit it, but I would love to visit this terminal also.

Melissa said...

That is the cutest thing. How precious is that! Too funny!

melissa said...

Too Cute! I have seen the Hello Kitty plane too!
So happy that your new job is going well for you :)

alyssa said...

this is adorable!!!