4.30.2008

Girl's Day

Amy and I did our monthly, Girl's Night last weekend. It ended up turning into a Girl's Day. I was supposed to be at her house around 4:30 for an early movie. I had a blonde moment and thought I was supposed to be there earlier. I got to her house at 3:10. Oopps! We don't live close to each other so I just stayed until it was time for the movie.


We saw "Smart People." I do not recommend it. After the movie, we walked around The Woodlands and had dessert at a cute place.



Amy's husband, Joe, made some delicious hamburgers on the grill for dinner. Joe looks like Carlos Solis from Desperate Housewives.




Amy




I baked a Strawberry Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. I got the recipe from Paula Deen's May/June magazine. I was delicious and fattening! I'm posting the recipe if anyone is interested. I highly recommend it. It's a great spring and summer dessert.





Strawberry Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

1 (18.25oz.) package strawberry cake mix
½ cup butter, softened
4 Large Eggs, Divided
1 8oz. Package Cream Cheese, softened
1 16oz. box powdered sugar
¾ cup chopped fresh strawberries



Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13x9 baking pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and I egg. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until combined. Stir in strawberries. Spoon mixture over cake mixture; bake for 35-40 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely; cut into squares to serve. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries if desired.

8 comments:

Janet said...

The dessert looks really good. I'll have to try it and give most of it away.
Amy and Joe are such good friends. It's great to know them.
Love, Mom

Hot Rod said...

Jill...oh my goodness!!! I found you. How long has it been? We have lived all over the US since the last time I saw you. I even had another baby..boy. Maddie is almost 9, Walker almost 5, and Arden almost 1. You can read my blog. It is a little on the crazy side, but what's changed, right? We live in Bedford now. Leave me a comment. shelley wolfe

Anonymous said...

Cute! "Carlos" had fun hanging out with us...heehee! Yes, that movie did suck and my cupcake kinda bit it, too :-( However, the burgers, cake and funny a$$ movie made up for it. Death at a Funeral.....I pottied in my pants a few times, hilarious!!!

Blogs by Danielle said...

You look so cute! I especially love the baking photo.

That dessert sounds fantastic.

Talk soon.

Ashton said...

That looks realllly good!!! I might need to try it sometime-

Sibi said...

Hi Jill,

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I enjoyed reading about you
as well and would love to know how you are enjoying Texas. We are moving there soon and are really looking forward to life in the South again.
I love Paula Deen recipes and will have to try the Strawberry recipe you posted!Many Blessings!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi Jill~

It has been a while since I've stopped by to say hi. I've had a super busy, kind of emotionally draining past month. I've neglected my three blogs and my blog buddies.

It looks like you always have such a super time with family and your great friends and that you add so much flair to an event. (That's a compliment!)

I love Paula's Oooey Goooey Butter cakes and can't wait to try this one--perfect for summer. Keep the great recipes coming! :o)

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

All the best~
Lisa

Unknown said...

I like your hair in this picture, it looks fun!