11.25.2009

There's No Place Like Home


I’m SO happy! Since I moved to San Antonio in June, I don’t have to travel for the Holidays! YAY! I grew up an hour outside of Houston. My parents moved to San Antonio in 2000 because they wanted to retire in here. Ever since I left for college at age 18, I’ve been traveling for the holidays. Even though a few years my trip was an hour, it counts. ;) I’m so beyond happy this year! For the record, I live about 20 mintues from my parents NOT with them.

Today I’m making a Sweet Potato Pecan Pie and Asparagus Casserole. Both are new recipes for me; I’ll let y’all know how they turn out. Also, I have to stop by the Godiva store to purchase and ship Christmas gifts to my visual merchandising customers and my car is in the shop. The A.C. and Heater stopped working. Poor car, I drive it too much. It's only a year old and has almost 30,000 miles. I hope my car is ready today because the rental car is junky but I’m thankful for it.
Hope y'all are having a Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

13 comments:

Lauren said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!! :)

Jenn Green said...

I wish we were there. I actually teared up watching a folgers commercial this morning. Have fun. Ps - you can drive my car

Harriett said...

Hope the pie and cassarole comes out good. I'm suppose to be makeing broccoli cassarole and potatoe saled. I'm going to sneak some fry chicken in there to.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Jill. Be blessed.

Suburban Princess said...

Have a great TG!

Rachel H. said...

Yay! for not having to travel this Thanksgiving! That's something that I'm thankful, as well! :)

LWLH said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

Danielle Moss said...

That's CRAZY. I've had my car almost 3 years and it has maybe 15,000 miles. I really don't drive very much at all ;)

I hope your recipes turn out well. I'm sure they will.

Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. Send the family my best!

xoxo

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jill!

Jill said...

Yay - no traveling! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

midnight macaroons said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you and your family have a splendid holiday.

Jules said...

I’m so happy that you’re close to home for the holidays and that you can relax and not have to jump on a plane (lord knows you do enough of that)! The sweet potato pecan pie sounds divine. I hope your car gets fixed soon.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Jill!

Miss Janice said...

I do hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! I'm traveling on Monday to be with my mama.

Lexilooo said...

asparagus casserole? please post about this now, with an update and recipe...I am intrigued!