Jules at Chic and Pink tagged me. Yay and thanks Jules, January is boring.
Here are the rules:
1. Answer 5 questions with 5 answers
2. Tag 5 other bloggers
Question #1 – What were you doing 10 years ago? I have day planner pages with everything I've done documented and I have tons of photos from 2000. Unfortunately, everything is buried in the townhouse garage so this answer is from memory. I considered fighting the junk and climbing on the Jeep Wrangler parked in the 1-car garage to access the boxes of photo albums and my day planner pages but it could get ugly.
1. On the infamous night of Y2K, I had dinner at the Kemah boardwalk with friends. Remember how the media said something bad was going to happen at the stroke of midnight and nothing happened? I was a little disappointed; at least the lights could've flickered to amuse us. Luckily I wasn’t one of the people who stockpiled canned goods and peanut butter. :) Since everyone was worried about staying out late, after dinner we went back to a girl’s apartment for movies and cocktails. That night I slept in tent, in her apartment on the living room floor. Oh my gosh… I so glad it’s 10 years later, I can't imagine doing that now.
2. I think that was the year I went on a cruise with my BFF Tiffany. I have so many photos from our trip in the garage. I wish I could post one.
3. I was offered a job as a sales rep with my company. I had a bad feeling about the position and I declined it. Four years later that position was completely eliminated.
4. My company initiated a huge project in 2000; I traveled every week. I kept a swimsuit in my suitcase and always rented a SUV with tinted windows. After work I changed into my swimsuit in the back of the SUV and hit the beach or the pool. I would NEVER do that today; I care too much about my skin. Also, I remember taking a nap in the back of an SUV rental in an Olive Garden parking lot in Florida. Classy, huh?
5. My favorite restaurant was Star Pizza in Houston. I really love pizza. I’ve had pizza in many cities, even Rome, Italy and Star is always a favorite.
Question #2 – What are 5 things on your To-Do list today
2. Run a couple errands
3. Go to the gym, which is difficult. I'd rather play with razor blades in the middle of the interstate at rush hour.
5. Watch the "most dramatic and scandalous episode ever" of The Bachelor.
Question #3 – What 5 snacks do you enjoy?
1. Hummus with pita bread and veggies
2. Diet Coke
3. Chips and Dip
4. Sugary Candy- jelly beans, gummi peach rings, etc...
5. Snow Cones
Question #4 – Where are 5 places that you have lived?
1. Houston, TX
2. Conroe, TX
3. Abilene, TX
4. San Antonio, TX
5. A multitude of hotel rooms across the U.S.
Question #5 – What are 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire? I’m really boring. I wouldn’t even quit my job.
1. Donate to church and charities
2. Save and invest
3. Sponsor tons of kids in China & sponsor volunteer trips to China orphanages for people interested
4. Hire a full time personal trainer. As you can see with my answer in question #2, I need help with motivation. My sis and I worked out with a trainer 2 weeks ago. Yikes, it was hard but awesome!
5. Re-decorate my house over and over and over