2.10.2010

2 Week Notice

On Monday I resigned from my company. After many weeks of consideration, I’ve decided I don’t want to work anymore. I’m tired. I’m going to relax for awhile and maybe take advantage of some government handouts. I’m 100% kidding, not about resigning but about not working.

Last Friday I accepted a verbal offer from a new company! I'm. So. Beyond. Excited. On Monday I received the written offer, signed it, faxed it, and turned in my 2 week notice. I’ve been with Ko.dak for 11.5 years; this is a big change but I’m ready for it.

In my new position I’ll be responsible for growing sales through customer training in a territory of 12 states. I still get to travel but I will be making my own schedule. Love that! I’ll also fly more often. Right now, I’m driving a lot and I definitely prefer flying.

I feel so blessed. The company had an internal candidate. An internal candidate usually gets the job. The hiring manager told me the final decision was between me and the internal candidate. Last week I was crazy, nervous. I had a feeling that I did not get the job. I felt defeated. Friday morning I got the call and I got the offer! What? This stuff happens to other people, not me.

Friday I was the most excited I’ve ever been in my life. I was shocked. I was shaking. I couldn’t stop smiling. By Friday night, I had a massive smile headache. Saturday morning I woke up and didn’t believe it. I thought Friday was a dream but it wasn’t. YAY!

My last day will be February 19th and my first day with the new company will be February 22nd. This is why I’ve been a little absent from blogging. Hopefully, things will settle down next week.


I found this picture online... so funny.

41 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Oh so exciting! Congratulations to you!!! Leaving the security of the "known" is very brave and daring to dream that you can accomplish bigger and better things is even more courageous. Good for you!!!

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new job! Change is good sometimes!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Congratulations!! This is such an exciting move for you.

Cloggsy said...

Congratulations! Change is good!

Lexilooo said...

Congratulations on the new job! That is really exciting!

Also, I hope the new travel will include a trip to DC :)

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Ooh congrats Jill!! So excited for you and your new adventure! xoxo

midnight macaroons said...

Congratulations! I'm really excited for you. Can't wait to hear about your new opportunity.

In This Wonderful Life said...

HOW EXCITING!!! This will be a big change! :) So happy for you!

Abbi said...

that is so aweosme! congrats and i will be praying your job is huge success! i know it will be and you will do great!
congrats!
enjoy some time off!!

Amy C said...

Sooooooo happy for you!!!!! I hope you have to come to Houston alot:-)

Hey, what were you telling me to disable and how do I do it?

Daniella said...

Congratulations!!! Best of luck with your new career.

Sara said...

Congrats! That's great news. It's tough to start somewhere new after that long, but I'm sure you'll be great!

Jules said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Please tell me that Pennsylvania is one of your states ;) This sounds wonderful and I could not be any happier.

Kassie said...

Congrats lady! That's SO exciting! Scary, I'm sure, after working so long at your old company, but so new!! :)

Brittney said...

Congrats on your new position!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

congratulations!!! what big exciting news! so happy for you=)!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Well, you already know I'm thrilled for you. I pray God will smooth the path for you and make it a very easy transition.

Can't wait to hear more.

Love~
Lisa

AndreaLeigh said...

congrats jill! that is so exciting. so happy for you!

Wearing Mascara said...

Oh my gosh, yay! Congrats big sis! This is AMAZING! :-) I can't wait to hear more.

Katie said...

That is fantastic news! Congrats on the new position.

Ashley Lauren said...

Congratulations! Making your own schedule sounds absolutely wonderful :)

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Congrats! Sounds like a fun switch! Will you still base out of San Antonio?

Jill said...

Jill! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! You are awesome!

Heather said...

Congratulations on your new job! That is so exciting. It sounds terrific. I am really happy for you.

Erin said...

congratulations!! beating the internal candidate is a big deal..and i hope you know that means you're totally awesome!

Amy Maze said...

congrats!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

YAY! Exciting stuff. I’ll be praying for this new direction God has for you :) Sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

Emily said...

Yay! That's so exciting! Congratulations!

Amy said...

Congratulations, Jill!! So happy for you and I pray that the transition will be an easy one.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!! That is such exciting news!

BroncoMom said...

WOW, how exciting is this? You know that ole saying "Take No chances win NO prizes!"
Woo Hoo.
Enjoy every second of your time left in the ole job. You are about to enter the most exciting part of your job life....

Thomasina said...

Congratulations!

LWLH said...

Congrats girl!!! How exciting!

melissa said...

Jill!! I am so very happy for you! Wishing you all the best in your new job - you certainly deserve the best!!

Melissa said...

Congrats on the job! Changes are always so exciting and nerve wrecking. Good luck on the new journey. Keep us posted about it!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Congratulations on your new job!! Here's to those frequent flyer miles!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

And though I am c.e.r.t.a.i.n that your travels won't bring you to central Iowa, you be sure to let me know if they do!!!

Sara McCarty said...

Hi! I just found your blog and LOVE it! Congrats on the new job! Sounds really exciting!

AmyT said...

Congrats to you!!! I thought you were so serious...about the not working part ha ha

Danielle Moss said...

Ok, I am sooo late here but I figure that we have spoken about this AND I did send a congratulatory text message....AND I had no internet for A WEEK. Ugh. Anyway, I am so so so so so happy for you. But you know that already. So proud of you, knew you'd get it, and am just beyond excited!!

Talk to you soon.

Love,

D

S said...

I just started reading your blog tonight and love it :) Congratulations on your new venture!:)