2.12.2010

Odds~n~Ends

I arrived home last night from my last long drive for K*dak. Yay! Last year the company changed the flying vs. driving policy. I’ve been driving a lot more and it’s so boring. I am SO happy that yesterday was my last long drive for work! My new company’s policy is much better.

Speaking of work, my friend Amy M. reminded me of something; she told me I had blog about it. Last Thursday night my team received an email with another new company policy... dress codes and uniforms. Have I mentioned I despise being told what to wear? The email said we were required to order black polo, company logo shirts to be worn daily with dark pants or khakis. Y’all, I almost fainted and then I cried. I majored in Fashion Merchandising; I’m not wearing a uniform. Another reason to be thankful I put in my 2 week notice. It is funny… you tell a Fashion Merchandising major they must wear a uniform and 3 days later they quit! For the record, I was going to order the shirts (because it was required) but I wasn’t going to wear them. Since I work in the field how would anyone know?





I'd rather wear a dress everyday and I can at my new job!


Last night when I arrived home my Pink Swap package from Kate was at the door. Kate and I were partners in the 2nd Annual Pink Swap hosted by Monograms and Manicures. I love this swap, it's definitely my favorite. Kate gifted me with the cutest items. Check out her store, Katydid Designs, Inc. Very cute! Thank you Kate!



Ice Cream Cone Kitchen Timer~ are you kidding me? I LOVE it! I've been looking for a cute kitchen timer.




Monogrammed Luggage Tags, Fun Belt, Cute Key Chain, & a Fancy Bowl full of Chocolate. Everything is just so cute. I'm super excited about the key chain. Below is a photo of the key chain I've been using, not because it's cute but because it's all I had... perfect timing!




Last weekend one of my SAT friends hosted a dinner party. I made Red Velvet Cake Balls. Yum! A couple guys at the dinner party thought the cake balls were decorations and not food. Ha!



In an earlier post I mentioned hosting giveaway this week. It's going to be next week instead, stay tuned.

P.S. The other night I had a dream about Hugh Hefner, so random.

18 comments:

LWLH said...

Fun swap...you got great gifts and those cake balls do look almost too good to eat! :)

Sandra said...

Dream with Hugh Hefner? Might be called a nightmare. ;-) xoxo

Kristin said...

Just found your blog! Super cute!

Lexilooo said...

that is the cutest kitchen timer I've ever seen! I totally want one!

Shoshanah said...

This was such a pink post! Those cake balls are so pretty that they do look like decorations, but I would still love to eat one!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

that yellow dress makes me swoon!!

That Pink Girl said...

Polo and khakis? Shudder. Glad you got out when you did! ;o)

Please tell where you found the pic of the slives flats. Those are DARLING! I've been searching for silver (or bronze) flats and those I must have!

Kari said...

Warning: this comment contains the word : CUTE, A TON of times!

I think those dresses are so cute! I am with you on the uniform, thing. BLAH!
And, the things you got for gifts....CUUUUTE! Such a cute idea!
lol
Anyway, I really have missed reading your blog. Really.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I love the outfits. The dress in the middle is great!! Your swap package is cute. The cupcake timer is adorable.

Heather said...

I'm with you on the dresses vs uniform thing!

Abbi said...

oh my goodness i would die if i had to wear a uniform...just die! we have a lot in common..fashion! i love it too! love the little dresses they're adorable!
i'm ready for spring!
the dream...yikes...scary and gross!! lol!!

Amy Maze said...

i just love that story!! cute pink gifts, you know i'm in love with all things pink!

Jill said...

I'm SO GLAD you quit and don't have to wear that uniform - so not you! I'm jealous of your swap gifts!

Hugh Hefner.... Hmmmm...

AndreaLeigh said...

those cake balls look delish! tried to make some today and they turned out ugly.

happy vday!

AmyT said...

I love pink!! The cake balls look so yummy - I keep saying I'm going to make some....I need to just do it!

jana said...

You in a polo shirt and pants? I don't think so!! And anyway, you're an adult. You shouldn't have to wear a uniform.

I love all of the pink stuff - way cute!!

Erin said...

I go both ways on the uniforms.. I like them because it takes the thought out of getting ready for work. But I also like to look cute..such a toss up. I'd say at my current job, uniforms would probably win just because there are zero people I care about impressing.

Dawn said...

Congrats on the new job Jill!!! Love all your pink swap gifts too! PLEASE share what website you found the grey and orange dress!! I am crazy for that one!!