7.18.2010

Finally, A Real Post



My Sister is Pregnant!

I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am. It’s weird… I love this baby so much and I feel so attached to the baby. Last week we found out, it’s a Boy! I’m SO excited about having a baby boy in the family, even though I can't buy him pink outfits and ruffled bathing suits.

I’ve had a few people ask me, “Are you okay?” “How are you handling this?” Thanks for the sympathy but… DO YOU KNOW ME? kiss, kiss ;)

Last Christmas was our first Christmas without my Grandpaw. I can’t remember ever having a Christmas that quiet… someone was missing. After all the gifts had been opened, including gifts my Grandpa had bought us, I asked Jenn if she would have a baby by next Christmas. My Christmas wish was granted!

I refer to Jenn’s baby as the ‘Golden Child.’ He will be the first baby for both families, our family and my brother-in-law’s family. The baby is going to be brilliant! His dad is a surgeon and his mom is a creative, advertising & business girl. He will be beautiful, look at his parents! I know I’m biased but can you argue with their stats?



5 Months Pregnant... you can't even tell

When Jenn told my parents my dad said, “I don’t even know what to think but I’ve wondered if I’d be a Grandfather by the time I collect social security.” HA! My parents always say, “Most people live life fast (especially at our church); we live life really slow.” The itty-bitty doctor scrubs were a gift to my brother-in-law when he finished his residency.

Daisy, the cutest dog in the world, had to get in on the fun and insisted on modeling the baby's scrubs. LOVE her!


21 comments:

TanyaLea said...

yeah!...I guessed right...it is your sister who's having a baby! SO exciting!! Our Breanna was the first grandchild on both sides for us, too.... and she was SO spoiled...Uhmmm....I mean, LOVED!!! ;)

You are going to be a WONDERFUL auntie to that little man...and he is going to be a BEAUTIFUL baby, no doubt! ...he does have good stats!! :)

Welcome back to the blog world... you've been missed!

((HUGS!))

Amy Maze said...

congratulations!!! you are so right, babies/children make the holidays so much more special! you will LOVE being an aunt! and little boys...oh my, they are so much fun. our little eddie is a lover boy and he loves the women in his life! he talks about 'aunt amy' all the time his parents say! so enjoy this time of preparation!!

Lexilooo said...

YAY!!!! So many congratulations to your family, that is so wonderful!

Sweet Simplicity said...

That is soooo exciting! Being an aunt is one of the best things in the world. And nephews are the BEST!

Football and Fried Rice said...

congrats, congrats! how wonderful!! The first baby being a boy is so cool! Everyone can "relax" knowing that the family name will go on ;)

And you are right, his parents are good looking & smart & I am sure they are funny too - he already has a charmed life!

Lauren said...

Awww, congrats on the new addition to the family!!!!! :)

Lauren said...

Congrats! What a great christmas gift! :)

P*P*P said...

AWWWW yay!! All the best to your sister, her husband and her little baby!!

And all the best to you -- soon-to-be Aunt! :)

Jill said...

Oh Jill... you will LOVE being an Aunt! It is the most fun. My Sis had 2 boys before she had a girl and you're right, you don't get to buy the pink and the ruffles but it's still THE BEST!

I wouldn't trade my nephews for anything!

And... could your Sis look any cuter??? Good grief - she's GLOWING!

That Pink Girl said...

Congratulations Auntie Jill!
You are going to be a SUPER aunt - it's a fun job!

Kassie said...

Oh, a million congrats to your sis!! That was my guess. :)

Welcome back to blogging, missed you!!

Shoshanah said...

How exciting for your family! Congrats to your sister!

Danielle Moss said...

Well, I've known for a really long time now but CONGRATS! So exciting.

Love that part where you wrote "do you know me"?? You of all people are just fine. Haha. You're going to be the best aunt! He is one lucky little guy :)

Sorry I missed you over the weekend. Things have been nuts with packing. Hopefully we can talk soon!

Love,

D

Abbi said...

how exciting! yay! i love being an aunt, and i know you will too! she looks amazing!
glad you posted! been missing you!

midnight macaroons said...

Congrats!!! You will make an awesome auntie. Your little nephew is going to be beautiful. I can't wait to hear all the updates.

Sending big hugs.

Love,
Gigi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your family! You will make an incredible aunt! On another topic, was thinking of Yu Mei - did you ever find out who adopted her and if she is in the U.S.? I hope you 2 see each other again - you can see from the photos how much you 2 care about each other. Looking forward to seeing photos and ideas from the baby shower, Cathy

Woman Interrupted said...

What a lucky baby!!!

Sending love and prayers for a healthy and happy pregnancy for your sis.

Babies make everything sweeter.

Moonlight Serenade said...

Congrats to her! How exciting. It will be a lovely fall/holiday season.

Jules said...

Congratulations to your sister and her husband! You’re going to be an aunt…that is so exciting!! I love the photo you posted of the two of them. She looks great and I never would have known she was already 5 months along.

Daisy looks so cute in the baby scrubs.

Kari said...

Aww! Congrats!!

Amy said...

Just checkin in - and what great news to find! So happy for your family! I can't believe she's only 5 months in that picture. Glad to see that you're back to posting - I should, but I just can't find the motivation. Take care.