10.25.2010

NYC Weekend

Last weekend I took my annual trip to New York City. Since my sister just had the cutest baby I've ever seen, she was unable to join me this year. I invited Danielle and we had a great time! Danielle and I met at the Newark airport and took the train into the city.

I had a couple free nights at the Waldorf Astoria. For work, I stay in the Hilton brand hotels. Occasionally the Hilton offers special promotions, in addition to earning hotel points. Yay, for 2 free nights at a fancy hotel. Otherwise, we would have been at the Holiday Inn Express. LOL!


We had a late lunch/early dinner at Fig and Olive. I love this place! We had planned to visit the Top of the Rock on Friday but realize we probably didn't have time before our show. Everything takes 2-3 times longer than you expect in NYC.


With the little time we had before the show, we shopped. Of course, we did!


Before the show we stopped at Bull and Bear for a quick cocktail... very New York. It pays to be a Hilton Diamond member, we had a voucher for free drinks at the Bull and Bear.

A trip to NYC is not complete without cab ride photos!


Friday night we had tickets to Wicked! LOVED. EVERY. MINUTE.

After Wicked, we headed to Times Square for a slice of NYC pizza.

Saturday in NYC coming soon....

10 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

WOW sounds like a magical trip! I'd love to visit NYC one day. I can only imagine how amazing it is! Lovely pics :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

soo fun!!! I'm glad you ladies had a blast. Love the pics :)

Unknown said...

I LOVED NYC when I went! I was fortunate enough to see the original cast of Wicked on Broadway -- the traveling casts have been amazing also, so I am sure you had an amazing cast to watch!
I can't wait to hear/see more =)

Lexilooo said...

Sounds great! It's been ages since I've been to NYC and it is just a few hours away...I need to change this!

Danielle Moss said...

I had SO SO SO much fun in NYC with you. I couldn't be happier that my first trip was with you, and am so thankful that you had those 2 free nights. Without them...I would have been HOME.

I loved seeing you and loved NYC!

xoxo

Mary said...

I love Wicked! I've seen it once and can't wait to see it again! Sounds like you all are having a great time in NYC. Love the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

ah so jealous of you! I want to go to NYC!

Danielle Moss said...

I miss it SO much! Watching GG makes me miss it even more.

Lauren said...

Okay, so next time I am TOTALLY coming to NYC with you, haha!!!!! :)

Jules said...

That is so fun that you and Danielle went to NYC together! Lucky ladies. I’m all about using hotel points in exchange for staying at place we would never be able to swing otherwise. When Geof and I went to Hawaii we got 3 of our nights free because of all his travels. I was very happy with that. That is so amazing that you got to stay at the Waldorf Astoria. It all seems so Gossip Girl!

Lunch in the city, shopping, cocktails and a show sound like my idea of the perfect NYC day. I want to see Wicked in a bad way. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

You ladies look great, by the way and I love your cute headband :)