2.05.2008

Getting In Shape

Today I had a consultation with my new personal trainer. It was a little horrifying. We went through a questionnaire about my health and family history…no problem. Next we discussed my exercising and eating habits. Now the fun starts. I had to tell him that I don’t always exercise because I don’t enjoy sweating. I would much rather be shopping or enjoying Days of Our Lives (with a snack). My eating habits are really circumstantial. When I’m home I tend to eat healthier than the times I’m traveling. Unfortunately, the last quarter of 2007, I was on the road 90%. I definitely won’t write about everything I eat on this blog but I do love sugar candy… jelly beans, fruit sours, gummies, etc… You get the picture. Has anyone been to Dylan’s Candy Bar? Love it! Anyway, I have to cut out the junk food. My trainer said he was shocked that I’m not bigger with my crazy eating habits.

I had to perform a physical test which included cardio, sit-ups, and push-ups. I DON’T like push-ups. Next I was weighed (I didn’t eat all day b/c I knew this was coming) and he did the dreaded “fat test.” The “fat test” is where they grab fat from your arm, leg, and stomach and measure it.

The trainer went to a secret room to calculate my results. I wasn’t that anxious. I knew I had some things I could improve on but I’m not overweight, just out of shape. He came back and told me how the ratings worked. Lowest to highest… poor, fair, good, great, superior. I’m overly confident; I was thinking that I would be rated a “good” or maybe a “fair.” Boy was I wrong, I’m a poor. Looks like I’ve got some work to do. Friday night I’m having Mexican food with friends; I’ll have to push the chip basket away. :-)

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh yea, those 'fat test' are revealing. :0 Last time I had one, I did really well, but that was before kids!! :0 I'm SURE it's not so good anymore!
It's funny, I was just telling my husband that the next time we go to 'the city' we will have to go to Dylan's Candy store! I'm sure it's sweet. :)

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE Dylan's, it's just down the street from my other favorite "sweet" place, Serendipity! YUM!

Danielle Moss said...

I don't even want to know what my fat test would say. I haven't worked out in months. I have been so bad. Fortunately I haven't really gained weight. I just don't have any muscle tone and am not in shape. At all!

I love gummy candies as you know. :)

I tagged you on my blog. Second post down. You don't have to participate, but you really should.

Deb said...

Thanks for stopping by too! Thanks for this post.....I need to get myself to the gym too! It was a good motivator!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, if you're a "poor," I would be off the charts bad!! Sadly, no fat test could ever keep me away from Dylan's, so I guess I deserve it!