2.11.2008

Seven Strange or Weird Facts

I’ve been tagged for the first time by Danielle at Well That Is Just Fabulous. I’m a new blogger so this is very exciting!

Here’s how it works… “Share 7 strange or weird facts about yourself. Then tag 7 random people at the end of your post. Let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.”

I really don’t know 7 people to tag, yet. I know a few bloggers but I think Danielle has already tagged them. I’ll have to skip that part.

1. Next to my little niece, Daisy, my favorite animal is an owl. I don’t really know how this started but I love owls. They’re cute.


My Gym Bag

2. I have a form of eczema on my face called seborrhoeic dermatitis. My dermatologist told me people usually develop this in their early 40’s. I developed mine in my late 20’s. Great! When I’m in an outbreak, it’s really itchy and painful.


3. I really don’t care for chocolate. I think it taste good but it’s not a flavor I crave. I would never order a chocolate dessert in a restaurant or make one at home and I very seldom buy chocolate candy. However, I LOVE chocolate fondue.

Girl's Night at the Melting Pot


Maria's Birthday at the Melting Pot


4. I LOVE, LOVE roller coasters and crazy carnival rides. It’s hard to find age appropriate people who also love roller coasters. My brother shares the same love for them as I do but he lives in Dallas. I could ride all day and never get sick.



So, bumper cars and race cars don't really count. I just like these pictures.

5. Throughout my adult life I’ve had random fainting spells. It doesn’t happen often, about every 2-3 years. I’ve seen a doctor about it and I was told, “It is normal to faint every year or so.” I don’t believe this but I’m not sure what it is. I’ve been tested for low blood sugar, etc… The last time I fainted was in October 2005. We had a Six Flags theme park in Houston. The theme park permanently closed in fall ‘05. Of course, I had to go one last time. I was in line to ride the Texas Cyclone (a very fun roller coaster); we had been waiting over an hour. We were 2nd in line to ride the Cyclone (front seat) and all of the sudden I fainted. The roller coaster workers gave me cold water and tried to talk me into visiting the nurse’s station. No thanks, no nurse for me. I had waited in line for over an hour to ride the Texas Cyclone for the last time in my life and I was riding it.

6. I stay out of the sun at all costs! I’ve finally embraced my “pasty whiteness.” Did you know the Chinese buy products to make their skin whiter?

7. I don’t think this is strange or weird and if you’re reading this you probably know this about me… I LOOOONG for a baby. I’m not trying to be negative or a downer but I’m not even close to adopting from China. The Chinese Government changed the law in May 2007, you have to be married for 2 years before you can apply for adoption. After you apply there is a very long wait. I’m not dating anyone, so I won’t be tying the knot anytime soon. I have a long way to go. I think about this everyday and it makes me sad. I can’t wait for the day….



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I don't think it is strange reagarding # 7. I understand the longing. I do too. I adore the time I spend with my nieces and nephews though.
One of my sisters and her husband adopted from China. Katie is 4 1/2. They brought her to the US when she was just a few weeks past her 1st birthday. They are on the waiting list for #2. My sister had Non-Hodgkin's and is also unable to carry her own children.
They lived in China for 4 1/2 yrs and speak the language.

Danielle Moss said...

We just have so much in common. Where do I begin?

First off, I suppose on some level I have also embraced my pasty whiteness. No, I don't really show off my translucent legs or anything, but I have accepted the way that I am supposed to be.

I love your gym bag. Where did you find it? My sister loves owls. I think owl things are cute. I have a little winter candle with owls and snowflakes.

I'm not a chocolate fan either. And I can't wait to have kids.

Thanks for sharing 7 strange things.

Lori said...

Aah, I can't wait for you to have children either.
Cute things about a cute gal! :)

Shelby said...

i like your gym bag. I think its REALLY cute.

Danielle Moss said...

Hello friend. I think it's about time for a new post.

Your thoughts?

I know you have to have SOMETHING to write about. Someone had a visitor last weekend and did some crafting. Boy would I love to hear about that. Hint hint.