5.12.2008

Happy Mother's Day



I’m one of the luckiest girls in the world. I have the BEST mom. I could not survive without her. My mom can do anything and everything. For example, we’ve been at restaurants and loved a dish we ordered. My mom will say, “I can make this at home,” and she does! My mom can sew anything. She has made me some of the best items in my wardrobe. If I can do half the things she does someday, I’ll be doing well.

My mom has always been my biggest cheerleader. My dreams are her dreams. My passions are her passions. I’ll never forget my last night in Beijing. I had just spent seven days with the greatest kids in the world. I had no idea my time in the orphanage would affect me the way it did. I emailed my mom from Beijing and said, “Tonight is my last night in China but I’m not done with China. I hope you want a Chinese grandchild someday because someday I’ll be back to adopt my daughter.” Instantly, my mom loved and prayed for a child she had never met and probably won’t meet for years to come.

For Mother’s Day this year I made a donation to the Half the Sky "Nanny Program" in her honor. Thank you mom for praying for me and loving me like nobody else ever could.


5 comments:

Suburban prep said...

My niece (adopted from China) is 5 yrs old. She came over here when she had just turned 1. When you believe like you do your dreams will come true. My sister always wanted to adopt from China. Then she got sick (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) and as a result could not have her biological child. She became more determined to adopt.
Katie is my sister's daughter in all sense of the word. I am amazed each time I see her because she is so much like my sister.

Lori said...

Oh what a beautiful tribute to your Mom! Of course I've never met her, but through blogging have come to know her and yes, she is a very special person and you are a lucky girl indeed! Happy Mother's Day to your talented and kind, loving Mom! :)
Gorgeous picture of the two of you!!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What a beautiful picture of the two of you and such a loving, heartfelt tribute to your mom. No doubt she has helped you become the amazing lady you are.

I know you were forever changed by the time you spent in China and I pray that God will one day give you what your heart so desires.

Cling to these words:

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Many blessings~
Lisa

Danielle Moss said...

Aww. That is so sweet Jill.

I love this photo of you and your mom. You both look so pretty and so cute together.

Janet said...

You are too nice. I believe I am the blessed one. I get to see and experience first hand your sweetness, generosity and appreciativeness. Your total being exemplifies God's beautiful spirit alive in you. Thank you so much for a fun and beautifully memorable Mother's Day.
Love, Mom