8.06.2009

Do They Sell Dresses & a Funny Announcement

Sunday after church I had to make a stop at Lowe's. I needed to purchase primer and paint for my furniture project, which is much harder than I anticipated. Also, someone suggested I check their furniture knobs and pulls. Something very strange happens to me in Lowe's and Home Depot. I feel claustrophobic, I have a hard time breathing, and it's all I can do to get out of there. Dramatic, I know but I've always been this way in "man stores."

To say that I was disappointed in the "decorative" knobs at Lowe's is an understatement. On the way home I called my mom to discuss my issues with man stores. My mom said, "Every time I offer to take your Grandmaw to a store she asks, Do they have dresses?" My mom recently asked my Grandmaw if she wanted to ride along to Lowe's; my Grandpaw needed to pick up something. My Grandmaw said, "Do they have dresses?" She wasn't joking either.



Today after work I stopped at Hobby Lobby. I had no idea... they sell decorative knobs. I've been to Hobby Lobby millions of times and I've never noticed the decorative knobs. AND, they were 50% off. Yay!!!

The funniest thing happened in Hobby Lobby today. As I was browsing the Christmas ornaments, an announcement was made. "Attention Hobby Lobby Customers." It sounded like a kid making the announcement, which was odd. "The store manager is a douche bag." I'm not kidding. A pre-teen boy picked up the intercom and said, "Attention Hobby Lobby customers, the store manager is a douche bag." I could not stop laughing, that is the funniest thing that has ever happened in Hobby Lobby.

27 comments:

Hillary said...

Hilarious! I would've died if I had heard that!

TanyaLea said...

Oh man!...that is SO-O-O FUNNNYYY!! I was so NOT expecting to read that...it totally caught me off guard and struck a cord with my funny bone! I needed a good laugh...and Hobby Lobby, nonetheless!! :) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Taryn said...

I absolutely love the knobs you chose...so very pretty! And Hobby Lobby is the best place on Earth. :)

Ashley Lauren said...

I wish there was a hobby lobby by me! That is too funny about the announcement- way to go out with a bang, haha.

Katie said...

That is hilarious! I'm still laughing about it and I wasn't even there.

I wish I were more artistic -- I love reading about all your creative projects.

Thomasina said...

That is so funny!

Unknown said...

i LOVE those furniture knobs! i didn't know hobby lobby carried that either... good to know! :)

Petunia said...

That is hysterical! I bet the manager was not very happy!
The knobs are so pretty!

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

I bet money it was the store mngr's kid! hahahaha...too funny.

Hey, Anthropology has some incredible knobs and draw pulls! also, check out restoration hardware.

Good luck with the project.

d.a.r. said...

I had no idea HobLob carried that stuff!! And holy crap, I probably would have peed my pants in the middle of the store if I had heard that!

Woman Interrupted said...

Hilarious!!! I would love to have seen the scene that followed that announcement.

Your Grandmaw sounds so precious. My kind of girl, too.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

hahahaha, amazing!!

AmyT said...

I love the knobs!!! And oh my goodness..that is so flipping funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HLB said...

What a funny story!!! The knobs are nice, I didn't realize they sold knobs either.

And dramatic? NO WAY! I'm the same way in 'man stores'. I call them 'man zones'

LWLH said...

Great finds at HL...and I would have died laughing if I heard that.

Jennifer said...

Too funny!!! And I love those knobs... you'll have to post pics of your project when you get done!

Caroline said...

That's hysterical! I love Hobby Lobby, and thanks for telling us about the knobs. I've been looking everywhere!

Wearing Mascara said...

LOL I want to shake that kids hand :-)

Mrs. Foodie said...

This is so funny because I seriously just went to Hobby Lobby during my lunch break at work. No funny incidents happened, but I picked up the stuff I needed.... Thanks for the post!

Kassie said...

That is too funny!!

and i hate those stores too, they always intimidate me!

melissa said...

Ha ... so funny. Got to love teenage boys (I think!) ;)

Amy C said...

Holy crap that is hilarious!! Rude but hilarious!!!

Keva Kate said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is hilarious! I would have paid MONEY to hear that! That's freaking FUN-NY!

Congrats on the new knobs! Finding stuff you want on SALE is always a nice treat!

Shoshanah said...

I really love the last handle you posted! And the flowers ones! So cute

midnight macaroons said...

My husband is still laughing. That so sounds like him and his friends back in the day (prior to marriage of course). I ran by Hobby Lobby today. However, I was just looking at Lowe's for knobs last week for a small dresser. Totally agree with you. I was shocked that they had such a little selection. I found knobs at Hobby Lobby too (very exciting). Wow, that's scary we were at the same stores and looking for the same thing...Grandmaw sounds cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Man Stores. I always think I'll be able to function in there and find some fabulous things but instead I feel overwhelmed, completely out of my element and can't get out fast enough!

I love, love, love the knobs you got at Hobby Lobby (wish we had that store here) and the announcement? FUNNIEST EVER wish I had heard it IRL!

In This Wonderful Life said...

haha I love that she asks that! too funny. Hobby Lobby does have GREAT knobs!! Can't wait to see your projects!