8.06.2009

Guest Blogger~ My BFF


Hello, my friends. Today I have my first guest blogger, my BFF, Tiffany. Tiffany doesn't have a blog, just a funny story to share. I met Tiffany freshmen year of college. We didn't become good friends until our senior year. Summer before senior year, we both found ourselves without a roommate. My roommate got knocked up over the summer and Tiff's roommates flaked out. We ended up living together and it was such a God thing. I've posted a picture of Tiff's bedroom before. It's soooo cute!



This is Tiff's entry way~ Yes, that is a turquoise ceiling!


Some of my favorite memories from college are with Tiffany. I could share stories for days and days but I'll just share one. One afternoon, I walked into our apartment to find Tiffany sitting in the comfy chair, with a stack of papers in her lap, and a highlighter. I said, "Oh my gosh, are you studying!?!" She said, "NO, I'm highlighting the TV guide." To this day we laugh about that. I've never met anyone else who has highlighted their TV guide. She is SO my kind of friend.

Tiffany is known for always transforming her look. She always has a new hair style. In college she even had 2 wigs that she wore to class and chapel. I'll never forget the time Tiff wore one of her wigs on our Marketing field trip to Dallas. Good times.

Here's Tiff's most recent story. I'm including pictures through the years. I'm in a hotel tonight so I only have access to the photos on my computer. There are so many more.

Enjoy....


Wednesday I was going to get my hair cut & excited about the possibility of bangs. I was on the phone, walking into the salon, writing down a fax number that I needed, as usual I was multi-tasking. Next thing I knew I was on the ground, wondering what happen & if I could actually get up. My phone was spread across the the concrete in pieces, papers everywhere, my purse was behind me & keys across the walkway. I was very thankful no one was there to see me as I must have had a graceful decent to the ground. I was shaken & wondering if I could move without pain... then a sweet & cute high school girl came out to help me gather all my stuff. After getting up & taking my first step I knew my foot was broken. But at that point I was already at the salon & excited about a haircut.... so of course I went in to get my new do!



Tiffany, Me, & college friend at my 30th Birthday Party


When I limped in I told the friendly staff at Jose' Eber about my graceful activity in the parking lot & ask for ice to go on my foot. They quickly accommodated me. As I was getting shampooed, I knew the swelling was happening & I was certain I broke it. I was very slow in getting back to the chair for the cut & told Derrick, my hair stylist, that I was pretty sure I broke it. He was shocked. He rushed to get an ottoman to prop my feet up.



2008~ Michael Buble Concert



As I was doing my balancing act, once again I started to mutli-task. It's hard to talk on the phone & text, ice your foot & be still for a hair cut! First I finished the work I needed to do, contacted B (the husband) to see if our cobra insurance was in place. I took a chance in texting mom to ask who her foot Dr. was & for the #. Of course neither of my “in case of emergency people” responded. Derrick told me if there was anything I needed to let him know. I realized I might need some wine & he agreed that would be a very good thing! After texting my brother to tell mom to check her phone, I got the info I needed, then sent it to B for him to check our coverage & make me an appt.



College Graduation Dinner


When I get stressed, nervous or overwhelmed, I laugh about it. What else should I do? I'm not the cry in public type of girl. When I talked to B, I was laughing about it & he thought I was kidding! I think it took him a few minutes to realize I wasn't joking. After the second glass of wine I realized I was not going to be able to drive home. Honestly, at that point I wasn't sure it if was b/c of my swollen broken foot or the wine! When I told B to come get me, he too wondered if I was drunk, being silly, or if my foot was so bad I couldn't drive.



Christmas 2005?



After my cut & very cute style Derrick took my stuff to the front for me & I stood paralyzed b/c I couldn't move. I wasn't sure what to do so I just waited & wondered how in the world I was going to get out of there. Derrick peeked around the corner & I waved him back. Realizing this was going to be too difficult & on the verge of making a big scene, he sat me down on the stool with rollers & rolled me to the front!

One beautiful, skinny model getting her hair extensions asked me what happened. I told her I broke my foot on the way in the salon, but I had to get my hair done before worrying about my foot. She just died laughing & agreed.


Tiff's 30th Birthday~ A Costume Party



The good thing about the situation is that my hair looks really cute, I love my bangs & it was still fixed the next morning for my Dr. appointment. The sad thing is that no one got to see my cute hair & I tore a ligament & broke a bone that will take 3 months to heal. That is just about the time I will need another haircut... this time I will be watching my step!

16 comments:

LWLH said...

Corny saying, but everything happens for a reason..imagine if your other roomate didnt get knocked up.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness I LOVE that dress!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Fun post! :)

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

That dress is fabulous! Just fabulous! And what a trooper, sticking out the pain for her hair! ;)

TanyaLea said...

Seriously funny post!...LOL!! I can tell I love Tiff already...you two are both my kind of pals! :) I mean really...ya gotta have those priorities in line, and you just don't mess with a girl's hair appointment...ESPECIALLY if it's at Jose' Eber Salon!! LUCKY GIRL! :)

Kassie said...

What an incredible story! LOVE it.

katie lake said...

Bahaha! A girl has to have her priorities :) I can only imagine how much that hurt!

Woman Interrupted said...

Love her!!!

AmyT said...

Love that dress..and room!! I would have done the same thing....I would have gotten my hair done first!!!! I don't like missing appointments (for hair) :-)

Love this post!

Treasure Ann said...

Nice blog make-up, I like it. It's so ggod to have a lasting friendship with your college friends.

In This Wonderful Life said...

what a fun post! you girls are too cute!

In This Wonderful Life said...

ps - LOVE her room! we have the same night tables :)

Rachel H. said...

Such a funny story! And this is totally something I would do too! If you were that close, you better go ahead and get the haircut! :)

Country Gone City said...

I don't know you Jill, but I love my Tiffany! I saw on Facebook that she was a guest blogger and had to check it out! I love your blog-- by the way.

Tiffany--- dahling! What are we going to do with you. I'm glad to know that you still have your priorities in line--- hair done first, then seek medical attention...

all i need is love... said...

Love this story! It made me chuckle!

Southern Bombshell said...

What is that old saying.....beauty is pain?