4.12.2009

Easter Weekend


I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. I was in San Antonio to visit the family. We had a great weekend and church on Sunday was wonderful.

Jarrett (brother), Me, Ryan (brother-in-law), and Jenn (sister) after church on Sunday. We all match, which was not planned. The guys would NEVER go for that.


My Parents




My Niece, Daisy, posing as the Easter Bunny in her basket.



My Mom and I made a Bunny Cake on Saturday. My mom has been making this cake every Easter for as long as I can remember. It's so, so, easy!



~Bunny Cake Directions~

Use any flavor cake mix you like and bake in 2-8 or 9 inch pans as directed on the box.



After the cake has cooled, cut one cake into the following shapes. You can lightly trace the shapes onto the cake with the knife before cutting. This will prevent mistakes.



Use your cut shapes to form a bunny on a serving tray or platter.



Next ice the cake with vanilla or cream cheese icing. We made homemade butter cream icing but any basic icing recipe will work or store bought icing.



The fun part is decorating the bunny and being creative. We covered the bunny in coconut. Next we dyed a small amount of coconut for the ears and the bow. Our goal was to make the ears and bow pink but we added a little too much food coloring and we were out of coconut. The result was a hot pink (or a least that's what we're telling ourselves).



For the polka dots on the bow and the whiskers, we used rainbow colored Air Heads. We cut the polka dots and whiskers out with kitchen scissors. For the nose we used pink sprinkles and the eyes are chocolate candies we found in the pantry. This cake is so easy, much easier than the gingerbread house we made at Christmas.



22 comments:

Amy Maze said...

oh my! that cake is on my list for next year, it's soooo cute! thanks for the pic's and directions!! Happy Easter.

Angie said...

Jill, I love that cake, it's so cute!! I am going to have to try to make it! Happy Easter!!

Legal Preppy said...

oh, what an adorable cake! happy easter!

Jules said...

Happy Easter, Jill! You have a lovely family and I love your Easter outfit.

That cake is too cute!

That Pink Girl said...

My mom makes this same cake! She has a little paper booklet from the seventies...also directions for a turtle, butterfly, bear, you name it. The bunny was always our favorite! Y'all did a great job, he is precious!

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

Looks like a great day! Your family is beautiful!
The cake is amazing...I cannot wait to make that next year!!!

Anonymous said...

The dog is so cute~! And then I saw the cake - adorable!! Thanks for posting!!
http://fab.typepad.com

Lexilooo said...

that is adorable! hope you had a good day!

Danielle Moss said...

You all look so cute! And you KNOW I love that cake! It's adorable! I have a feeling that I would really love your mom.

Glad we were able to catch up today. I'll talk to you soon!

xoxo

Sweet Simplicity said...

That is such a cute cake! I'm glad you had a great Easter!

BLC :o said...

Oh la la! Your family is just beautiful!!! And, I loooove the accidental match. :) Thanks for sharing the cake recipe, it looks like it took a Martha Stewart touch. Xoxo-BLC

AmyT said...

great pics - the cake is SO cute - thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

melissa said...

Jill - you have such a beautiful family. :)
The cake is too cute. A bunny cake was on my list to do this year, but I never did get to it. Thanks for the directions, I'll certainly make it next year.
And ... could the pup be any cuter?!!! :)

midnight macaroons said...

Your parents look soooo sweet! I love Daisy. You have the cutest niece EVER!!! The bunny cake is adorable too. Y'all are too cute.

Treasure Ann said...

OMG Jill, that Bunny is so cute. You, your siblings, and parents are beautiful people. Looks like you all had a wonderful Easter.

Jill, I know I've asked this before, but any ideas on how to adopt a China orphan. Websites or organizations. If so, I'd appreciate any information. I believe sometime in the future, I just may be considering doing something of an adoption. I'm not sure yet, but I'm praying about it, and my mind keeps going back on the idea-off and on. You can also e-mail me at bountifultreasuresgifts@yahoo.com or leave any info on my blog. Thanks Jill, your a sweetheart. Let God continue to use you in every blessed way. Hope your Easter was blessed. Chat with you soon.

Abbi said...

too cute!! i have to do that next year!! i'm goin to write that down now!
you look beautiful as usaul...great pic!

Sassy Engineer said...

y'all look so cute, and I LOVE the bunny cake :)

Jules said...

AWESOME cake. And great pictures of how you did it. And great pics of you and your family too. Thank you for sharing!

Preppy Coastee said...

That cake is adorable. You did such a good job!! :)

You look very pretty in your Easter picture with your brother and sister!!

xoxo- Preppy Coastee

Gracie said...

What a lovely cake - and precise directions! Great job!

Kate said...

That cake is amazing, Jill!

In This Wonderful Life said...

Glad you had a happy Easter! LOVE that bunny cake! Great job :)