4.21.2009

Fiesta River Parade

Last night I attended the Fiesta River Parade in San Antonio on the Riverwalk. My family moved from the Houston area to San Antonio 9 years ago. When I’m in town during Fiesta, I always attend the River Parade. My sis works for the company that owns Riverc*nter Mall, so we have VIP passes that include, front row seating, dinner, and drinks. It’s SO fun.

Last night I asked Jenn what Fiesta is all about. She didn’t really know. I’ve been attending events for years and I don’t really know either. Ha Ha! I looked it up on-line. Here’s what I found out…

“Fiesta is an annual spring festival with origins dating to the late 1800’s. The festival started as a single event to honor the memory of the heroes of the battles of the Alamo and San Jacinto. Today there are 3 Parades to celebrate Fiesta and over 100 events around the city.”

Whatever… I just like the VIP passes at the parade.









This is Leslie, our great friend. Leslie has traveled to NYC with Jenn and Me. She works at Sea World. She's the girl that does the Shamu Show and dives from Shamu's nose into the water!




These are Cascarones or confetti filled eggs. You're supposed to break the egg over someones's head, letting the confetti scatter. It is suppose to bring good luck.
















17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi PPP:

I am a frequent reader of your blog and I live in Houston too. I enjoyed reading your recap of Fiesta in San Antonio. Looks like fun, VIP passes are always a bonus !!!

I just have to point out that the correct spelling is: cascarones.
If you look at the way it's spelled now, I think you will know why I had to comment : )

Anyway, keep up the blogging !

MT

AmyT said...

looks like SO much fun!!!

Beth Dunn said...

I wish I had been there. Looks awesome! xoxo

Treasure Ann said...

Hi girl, I'm so jealous ;) in a good way. You all look like you had a fun time.

Jules said...

Hi!! That looks like it was a blast and I love all of the pics. That is the coolest story about your friend Leslie. That sounds like an amazing job.

I love you pink bag. Too cute!

Wearing Mascara said...

Love you and all the pics pseudo-sis! xoxo

d.a.r. said...

It looks like you had such a good time! Gorgeous pictures.

In This Wonderful Life said...

how fun!!! I want to come to this!! I miss Texas!! pretty pics!

That Pink Girl said...

Ah, cascarones. I got knocked in the head at Chuy's during my bachelorette party and I had glitter in my hair for evah! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Danielle Moss said...

Looks like SO much fun. And you all look so cute. :)

How fun that your friend swims with Shamu! Have you seen her do it? You should go and blog about it.

Hopefully I'll get to talk to you soon. It's been a while...

Abbi said...

looks like loads of fun!!
glad you had a great time!!
very cute pics...you look cute as usaul!!

Tami said...

WOW...VIP...Looks like you had a great time! I've been to San Antonio a couple times and love the Riverwalk:-). I'll have to remember the cascarones for next year...my boys, and one special little girl;-), would LOVE to crack eggs over each others heads!!!

Hugs,
Tami

BLC :o said...

Awe! Just presh. Xoxo-BLC

midnight macaroons said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We drove down from Austin to S.A. to go to Seaworld last year. Was your friend the girl I saw with Shamu? Wait until hubby hears that Jill knows the Shamu girl, LOL!!!

That's awesome that you posted the meaning behind the Fiesta festival. I found it really interesting. Love the pic's. Y'all look so cute. Happy to hear that you had a good time.

s. pearce feldman said...

what great pictures! looks like you had a fantastic time!

Woman Interrupted said...

How fun!!!

I love how festive San Antonio is year-round.

Leslie is a super-hero at our house. (and she's got the ripped guns to prove it!)

University of Iowa Meg said...

Those pictures are fantastic! :)