4.01.2009

Gracie Update


Look at that hair, so cute!
When I met Gracie in October, she barely had any hair.

Gracie's nanny wrote this update:

Gracie is one year old and she eats and sleeps very well. Gracie can stand up alone when holding on to a sofa or bed rails. She can move back and forth when holding on to the sofa or the rails in the playroom. She can also bend down to pick up toys around her. She crawls fast towards the toys she wants. She snatches toys from other kids sometimes. Her fingers are very flexible. She can use her thumb and index finger to pinch small things. She can express her ideas through facial expressions or body language, and she also expresses her feelings and physical needs through crying. She can lift her body higher using her limbs. She can call grandmother, and she can shake her body when she hears music. She likes to let others hold her in their arms, but will cry when a stranger carries her. She can communicate with familiar people through facial expressions and body language.


Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll to help Amy name her baby. The spelling "Chase" won with 52 votes. The spelling "Chace" received 9 votes. I talked to Amy today and she's decided to go with "Chase." Thanks for your input.

11 comments:

jlc said...

Adorable!!!!!

jennykate77 said...

OMGoodness! She's so sweet!

midnight macaroons said...

What a cutie pie! She sounds so sweet. I wish I could see her rock back and forth to music. I'm sure it's adorable.

Abbi said...

too cute!!!
sounds like she's doin well! bet you can't wait!

Danielle Moss said...

She is PRECIOUS!!!

I'm glad Amy went with Chase. I think it's a really cute name, and even though Chace Crawford is ridiculously beautiful, I prefer ChaSe.

Whitney said...

She's so adorable! That's so wonderful that she is doing well!! I really admire you for doing this.

yours truly... said...

Oh Jill!! She is an absolute doll!! Loved reading the update! What a precious little girl she is going to be!

Jules said...

Gracie updates are the best! It sounds like she is doing really well and is a happy baby. She is so cute!

In This Wonderful Life said...

so sweet. I love that note from her nanny too!

AndreaLeigh said...

she is beautiful! love her outfit. is that one your sent her?

Lexilooo said...

I love that you get such a detailed update! My girls send letters when I send them letters, but they are usually somewhat short, though lately they've also sent me drawings, which I love!