4.16.2009

Tagged

Natalie at The Brocks Rock tagged me in The Top 8. Here it goes...

Update~ After writing this I feel like a loser.


8 Things I Am looking Forward to:
1. Adopting from China, someday (you have to be married)
2. Fall Vacation~ I’m not sure where I’m going yet but I have a few ideas. I always take my vacation days in the fall. It’s my favorite season and kids are in school. Has anyone been on an airplane for a business to trip to Orlando in the summer? Don't do it, you'll hate yourself.
3. Having a huge kitchen someday


4. Seeing the new Miley Cyrus movie.
5. Getting a Mani and Pedi
6. Getting my iPod re-installed on my computer. I’m kinda lazy about it.
7. A good deep tissue massage. I’ve needed one for a looong time.
8. The new season of The Real Housewives of OC… nothing beats the original.


8 Things I Did Yesterday: (I started writing this on Monday)
1. Went to church… amazing Easter Sunday service
2. Had Easter lunch with my family

3. Drove from San Antonio to Houston
4. Talked on the phone
5. Did an expense report
6. Took a hot bath
7. Read blogs
8. Went to bed early

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Consistently go to the gym. People say to find an exercise you really enjoy. People, I’ve tried everything and I just don’t enjoy it that much. I go to the gym but it’s similar to taking out the trash or putting gas in your car…you have to do it but it’s not fun.
2. I’ve always wanted to travel to Dubai and Vietnam. Recently, I’ve added Egypt to my list. Our blog friend, Casey, just went to Egypt and I want to go soooo bad.
3. Sew!
4. Have a little self control in front of a basket of tortilla chips and queso or guacamole


5. Sing. In church I sing softly b/c my voice is not good. Every now and then I feel like the person sitting next to me thinks I’m not singing or I’m in a bad mood so I’ll kick it up a notch. Not good.
6. I wish I could sit down with a book. It’s hard for me to sit still. The only time I can focus on reading is on an airplane b/c there’s nothing else to do. Oh except for T*ri Spelling's book, I couldn't put it down.
7. Stop picking at my hair. This is often a distraction on airplanes when I’m trying to read.
8. I wish I was more outgoing in a crowd of strangers

8 Shows I Watch:
1. Gossip Girl
2. The Hills
3. The Real Housewives of NYC
4. Celebrity Apprentice
5. Desperate Housewives
6. Greek
7. Keeping Up With The Kardashians
8. Days of Our Lives


Tag 8 Friends:

19 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

You should come to Europe for your fall trip, and I can show you around :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

do NOT feel like a loser !! we have so very much in common!! :)

Danielle Moss said...

This is going to be fun. I'll try to get it up soon! :)

You're not a loser. I don't have much to look forward to in the near future either. It will be exciting when you're in your big kitchen with your daughter from China. If that isn't something to look forward to, I don't know what is!

I have posted that same exact kitchen before. I love it.

Danielle Moss said...

And I LOVE #4 under things you wish you could do. Too funny!

Abbi said...

i love the hills and gossip girl too! my fave!!!
love the pic of the kitchen! i have a good size and your right..a big kitchen is great!
i really enjoyed reading this!! cute!

Natalie said...

I LOVE your list!!! You are not a loser either!!

I love what you wrote about singing at church and I LA-LA-LA-LOVE your kitchen picture!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post and you are most certainly NOT a loser! Adorable, fun, and creative--yes. But loser? No way.

Like you, I find the gym to be tolerable, at best. I spend most of my time in group exercise classes (Yoga, Spinning, Zumba, etc.) because I find them more interesting than working out alone. If/when you figure out the secret to enjoying the gym, please let me know!

I love that you are planning to adopt from China! Our neighbors recently adopted a little girl from China and she is so sweet and adorable. They took Chinese lessons for years so that they would be able to communicate with her in her native language (in addition to teaching her English). They asked me to babysit for her next weekend and I'm so excited!

Have a good weekend!

Jenji said...

Thanks for the tag friend! I will be tagging today!

Sassy Engineer said...

Thanks for the tag! How fun :) I want to get a deep tissue massage too. By the way, you are so not a loser!!!

penny lane said...

oooooh this is a super good one! i am very excited to do it! thanks for tagging me. so a few things: that kitchen is gorgeous! i can't believe you want to see the miley cyrus movie. and i love the real housewives of oc! the new jersey one starts soon and looks terrifying.

hope you are doing well! have a fabulous weekend! and come visit again soon!!!!

The Cape House said...

I, too, would love to adopt from China (someday...), and I would love to learn to sew. That was a fun list to read!

jlc said...

LOVED reading these!! And oh my gosh, I have NO self control whatsoever when it comes to guac.

Aww you're really gonna adopt from China? That's awesome. I wish my sister still would. She wants kids soon but she's nowhere near married. I told her to look into it!

Have a great weekend!!

jennykate77 said...

Great lists! Self-control in front of a basket of tortilla chips and queso would be a miracle for me. I did this tag a few days ago. It was fun. I enjoyed reading yours! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Jules said...

Thanks for the fun tag! I just did this. It made me think about a lot. I also love the fall and think that Italy would be beautiful at that time. I've heard wonderful things from friends. The New England states would be great too.

d.a.r. said...

I just found your blog, and I really adore it. You are so inspiring! I would love to adopt someday, and I think you just furthered that desire in me :)

Jenji said...

Hi! Yes, you have to check out "How clean is your house?" It is on BBC America. It comes on in the middle of the day, so I set it up to record. It is hosted by these two hilarious British ladies. Have a great Sunday:)

Amanda said...

Aww. Don't be too embarrassed about wanting to see the Hannah Montana movie. It definitely isn't like that tv epsiodes, in the formulaic sense. As much as I love the tv show, it does sometimes bore me because many of the plotlines are just sooo overdone!

I hope you find somewhere great to go on vacation. I agree with you about choosing and time/place that isn't crowded with kids and teens - I don't even like going to the mall during school vacation times!

AndreaLeigh said...

are you liking greek so far? i love it! i wish someone would take franny down though. :)

I'm just getting around to catching up with everyone. I wanted to say thanks so much for your sweet words about my uncle. It meant a lot to me!

Beth Dunn said...

Love your blog. I need a massage too! xoxo