4.14.2009

Olivia and Gracie

The spring package I sent to China arrived. Thank you Carrie for adorable pictures! Great news... Olivia has been matched with a family. From the day I met her, I have prayed she would have a family soon. When I was in China, I wrote my sister and asked/begged her and Ryan to adopt Olivia (I can't b/c you have to be married). I'm so happy for Olivia and her new name is Victoria. She looks like a Victoria!

My friend, Carrie, is an incredible person and a talented writer. Carrie wrote a story about an experience she had with Olivia, here. It's so hard to imagine how these kids must feel.



I love it that all little girls, even little girls in a Chinese Foster Home, know how to hold a baby.


She is so stinkin' cute and she's just as sweet as she is cute!

I sent Victoria a dozen pair of sunglasses to pass out to her friends. Who wants the sun in your eyes while you're playing on the playgroud?


Fun Dip to share with friends




Gracie is getting SO big! She is such a doll! I just wish I could reach into my computer screen and hug her.



18 comments:

Lexilooo said...

oh they are so beautiful! that is so wonderful, that she's being adopted! will you still be able to keep in touch with her?

Sassy Engineer said...

They are so adorable, and I'm so excited for Olivia to be adopted. What great news!

Tami said...

What a wonderful care package!!

I love the matching dress for Victoria and her baby doll...too cute. I actually just bought Sophie the same doll for when she comes home:-).

We got to talk with Sophie using sky*pe last night...it was unbelievable!!! Once I saw her 'live' across the webcam, it was like my heart instantaneously grew bigger. We can't wait to bring her home:-).

New Day is so wonderful to these kids.

God bless
~Tami

Jules said...

They are both so adorable and I am so happy to hear that Olivia has been adopted. She will have a wonderful life!

Danielle Moss said...

Such precious girls.

So glad that Olivia (hard not to call her that, but I guess I should say Victoria now) has her forever family! That is really wonderful. :)

Petunia said...

Yay for Olivia!!! That is such good news!

AmyT said...

so so so cute!

jlc said...

Omg!! I never knew I had baby fever until this post. Whyyyyy are you doing this to me?

Haha! She's precious!!!

Whitney said...

What darlings!! That's so wonderful that Olivia/Victoria has been adopted!

Amanda said...

Why do the parents-to-be have to change her name?? Isn't she old enough to know her name? Or is she called by a chinese name at the moment, and won't know the difference?

Jenji said...

That is great news! What adorable pics:) p.s. thanks for fallowing me:)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Such cute little girls! That is great news about Olivia!

midnight macaroons said...

I'm so happy for Olivia/Victoria. What wonderful news! I'm sure the Lord has answered your prayers and matched her to a set of loving parents. Every little girl needs to know that they are special and your care packages have been a true blessing for those two little girls.

s. pearce feldman said...

such gorgeous girls! the matching dresses are so adorable - and i'm THRILLED Olivia (Victoria!) has found her family - such great news!

Kate said...

So happy for Olivia!

Could Gracie be any cuter trying on her new dress??

In This Wonderful Life said...

those pics are adorable!!! I'm SO glad she is going to a good home! keep us updated :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

So beautiful....and so precious! :)

Woman Interrupted said...

Sometimes our prayers are decisively and clearly answered!