7.10.2009

Fact Sheet

Prior to moving to San Antonio my sister, Jenn, sent me a very informative and detailed fact sheet on the town house and the city. She also left me a goodie basket, but she didn’t have time to purchase a basket. So it's a goodie assortment in the armoire.... just as good. My assortment contained a wide range of to-go menus, cute napkins, a bottle of my favorite wine, brownie mix, and "What to do in San Antonio" cards. It was very thoughtful. Thanks, sis.




Here are some of the highlights from the fact sheet...

Bathrooms:
~I’ll clean out the small mammal that’s in my bath tub drain before we leave.
~I think the upstairs toilet clogs more often than the downstairs one. Not sure exactly… maybe it’s me.

Winter / Fall Yard:
~LEAVES! Too bad Mawmaw can’t rake anymore. She used to love it. I’ll most likely deal with the leaves when I come back. Last year we raked about 3 times. Probably had 6 – 12 bags of leaves each time. It’s obnoxious. They fall from about mid-October and then bloom in March.

Treadmill:
~The only thing to remember is turn it off when you’re not using it. It’s the red button on the bottom in the front.
~Don’t fall off. That would really hurt.
~If you do fall off, aim for the bed.



Critters:
~Stray cats are a pain, so kick them out if you see them lounging or sun bathing on the back porch. Don’t be soft with them. They have a decently sized posse & are multiplying so you don’t want to be known as the softie.
~You may encounter a possum or coon. Don’t be alarmed, just scare them away. Sometimes coons run on our roof. Not sure why they do that but it’s a weird sound.

Other HOA rules:
~I left the binder of HOA rules in the cabinet above stove in case you’re interested in some dull reading.


Area dining:

~I’m leaving a bunch of to-go menus for you. I think you will be delighted with the range of excellent choices.

~ Some of our favorites are:
Pasha meditterean (only downside is they don’t serve wine)
Mama Margies (margaritas for $3.50)
It’s Greek to Me (only get carry-out)
Rome’s Pizza (love the bistro bread)
Lee’s Chinese Food
Samurai Sushi – think you’ve been there
Aldos is nice Italian. Go there on a date.
Hooters @ Wurzbach… just kidding
Shogun (just as good as Benihanas)
La Fagata (beware of strong margaritas)

23 comments:

Sara said...

Great list and so nice of them to leave menus. It's hard to build a good collection on menus.

Petunia said...

Love your sister's sense of humor!

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

These facts are really cute and funny.

midnight macaroons said...

Your sis is too funny. I laughed so hard when she said that she would clean the small mammal out of the tub drain. Hilarious!!! She seems like a lot of fun.

Hey, I left you something on my blog...Have a super weekend!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

What a nice sister! I'm super jealous of your relationship. And yes, I can tell that by this fact sheet :)

Shoshanah said...

That was so sweet of her! And what wound up being in the goodie basket?

penny lane said...

ok, seriously, those cards are hysterical. i was reading this post and just laughing. your sister is very funny! props to her! i feel like danielle would write me the same exact cards, especially the treadmill one about falling off. first, i would do that and second, d would remind me not to.

i really hope that no animals climb onto your roof. that would be scary. oh, and i would totally be the softie who fed all the cats and allowed them to sunbathe on my porch. i am a total sucker.

hope you're doing well and that you are loving san antonio!!

ps you and your sister are so cute in those photos!!

Kate said...

This is so sweet! Some of her tips are too funny (aim for the bed if you fall off the treadmill, haha)

Anonymous said...

that is so funny that she did that! y'all are adorable!!

CarolinaGirl said...

Very cute, and you girls are beautiful!

Danielle Moss said...

Soooo sweet. Of course, I love the part about the treadmill. Hilarious!

And because I love cats, I have to say it -- be nice to the kitties.

xoxo

Jules said...

Your sister sounds fun/cute. Guess it runs in the family. Great pics. Congrats on the move.

Natalie said...

That is so cute!!

Your sister sounds like she is a riot!

Hope you are enjoying your new place/city!

AmyT said...

ha ha...love it - your sister sounds awesome!

Miss Sweet Tea said...

How sweet of your sister!! And funny too!

How I wish you could have come to our girl's night!! We would get along perfectly - I just know it!

Have a great week!

Abbi said...

cute post!! really enjoyed reading your facts!!
the pics are sooo cute!! i love how you dress! i think we would have some of the same style! very cute!

Abbi said...

p.s. you and your sis are adorable!

In This Wonderful Life said...

you two are SO SO SO PRETTY!!! What a good sister! ...and funny too!

Jules said...

Your sister is very cute and funny! I love her sense of humor. I think my favorite note was the one about the cats.

Wearing Mascara said...

LOVE the pics of your sister and you! How sweet of her to leave you all that info :-) Love it!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Too cute! This list cracked me up!

THE Stephanie said...

Welcome to SA!! How long have you been here?? (I've lived here for 25 years :))

Can't beat our Mexican food, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

do you call your grandma mawmaw? i do too :)