9.21.2008

My Parent's Mission Trip

A few weeks ago my parents returned from a mission trip to El Salvador. They went with a group from their church in San Antonio. The purpose of the trip was to encourage, teach, and help the needy of El Salvador. While they were there, my dad and mom hosted men’s and women’s retreats. My dad took the men to the coast for their retreat and my mom had Bible studies with the women in the villages (both with an interpreter). I’m so proud of my parents and thankful for the example and legacy they are leaving for Jarrett, Jennifer, Me and our children.

My parents~ they said it was very hot and humid. My mom said her hair did things it had never done before. (He He) The place they stayed didn't have AC.

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." ~ Psalms 91:1-2


On the road to visit a family with 14 children.


My Mom encouraging the woman of El Salvador




The children's class at a Sunday church service in the Village of El Sueva




5 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

That's awesome, Jill! I know they had to be such a blessing to the people of El Salvador.

Obviously they've planted the seed in your life, too. What a wonderful family you have.

Love,
Lisa

Heather said...

That sounds like an amazing trip. I am sure you are so proud of your parents! Heather/grace303

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

makes you proud that is just awesome spread the word however possable.I BET EVERY ONE ENJOYED THEIR PRESENCE MORE THEN YOU KNOW. GOD BLESS IN JESUES NAME AMEN

Kate said...

How awesome!

PS-You look JUST like your mom :)

Emily said...

My family and I lived in El Salvador for almost 4 years. What a wonderful thing your parents did.