9.11.2008

A Retail Victory!

Last week I had a victory at my favorite store! At the beginning of the summer, I tried on the turquoise dress in the photo below. I loved it but it was $148. Sometimes I have to pay full price for items I love because my size is unavailable when it finally goes on sale. I decided I wasn't going to pay full price for this dress and walked away. I figured I would never see it again in my size. Well... last week I happened to walk into my store and it was on sale for $39.95 and they had my size. That is a retail VICTORY!


I've seen collages from Polyvore.com and decided to try one with my new dress. Polyvore SO fun. It reminds me of creting "color boards" in my interior design class in college. I ended up wearing the dress to church on Sunday with my sparkle jewelry and headband instead of the pearl jewelry I had originally picked in the collage. Note: I have all the accessories in the collage except for the fabulous, amazing, beautiful Chanel bag. Dream on sister!







Caroline (Lindsay and John's daughter) and I resting after church. I love it that she's smiling behind her pacifier.


Sweet Face

Last but not least, thank you to everyone for your sweet, encouraging comments about my upcoming trip to China. I am honored to "know" such a wonderful community of women. Your thoughts and prayers mean to world to me. Thank you for sharing your lives with me through blogger. You inspire me everyday.

10 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

That dress is adorable. I really love it. Very cute!

The pic of you and Caroline is adorable. :)

I am excited that you are starting to write a bit about your trip. I'll miss our chats while you're away. We need to figure out a way we can talk online.

Talk to you soon.

xoxo,

Gossip Girl ;)

Danielle Moss said...

I probably look like a huge dork to everyone right now, but that's ok.

I thought you'd appreciate the Gossip Girl reference.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

lol to danielle comment and no you could not try twitter they go overseas... good luck the dress is beautiful and i love all the extras including the bag

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

cuuuute dress!

Kate said...

What a steal! I have that black headband too :)

Danielle Moss said...

Thank you for calling me today. I was worried. I'm glad you are safe, and most importantly, that you have diet coke :)

Check out my blog. I nominated you for an award.

Dawn said...

Cute dress! I read on Danielle's blog that your are fine after Ike...so glad to hear.

Love the picture of you and Caroline.

Just wanted you to know, Lucy is LOVING the books you sent, Pinkalicious is especially funny to her right now. It is so cute, even though she might not understand all the words, she totally gets the story from the pictures...thanks again!

Janet said...

Caroline keeps outdoing herself in every picture. She is so-o-o-o cute!
Love, Mom

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Amazing outfit!

Heather said...

I love the new dress. Where is it from? I also like your lipstick or gloss color - very pretty! Heather/Grace303