9.25.2008

Tuesday night Lindsay and I went to the Houston Young Republicans meeting. The last meeting was canceled because of Hurricane Ike. I was on a plane back to Houston when I realized the meeting would HAVE to be canceled, my eyes watered. :) Before the HYR meeting, we stopped at my favorite candy store, Candylicious, for a little snack. I love this store! It’s so fun and colorful. They have tons of vintage candies from our childhood.









Wednesday I met Maria for lunch. We were both running errands on the West side of Houston. Maria and I used to live on the West side, about 1.5 miles apart. We’ve both moved and now live about 40 minutes apart. Cry,cry. We went to our favorite deli and specialty food store, Leibman's. We had the best (and very fattening) lunch, tomato pie! Yumm…




We drove by this huge uprooted tree on the way to lunch. There are scenes like this all over Houston. One of the things I like about Houston is the green grass and green trees. I know it probably doesn't sound profound; there is green grass and green trees everywhere. Well, not really. I went to college in Abilene, TX and it was brown! I'm sad so many have been destroyed.



8 comments:

Old Friends and New Shoes said...

That candy looks yummy! How many points do you all that was?!

Danielle Moss said...

I want some candy. Did y'all get me some candy?

See how I used y'all? That was for you, my friend ;)

Anonymous said...

Points wise, I think I would have done a lot better eating the hard candy versus the tomato pie!! I still haven't calculated the points on that pie, because I'm afraid to find out! HAHA I need to though for a reality check. I truly enjoyed our girl's afternoon. It was way overdue!

Britt said...

oh my...what a beautiful store. I love the Hello Kitty display! Our little candy store in the mall has nothing on that one!!!
Lucky!

Petunia said...

Ooh, pretty pictures! Yummy!

I have tagged you on my blog if you care to play along!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Jill, thanks for leaving me a note, so nice to meet you. Sorry about all the mess you have out there with the storm debris.

Come back & see me!

Anonymous said...

I live in central Arkansas, and a tornado hit close enough to us that I drove past the destruction several times a week. The uprooted trees made me sad, too. We've lost several this year due to softened grounds from the rain and winds following Gustav and Ike. I finally realized I did nothing to plant those trees-God created them long before I was born, and if He thinks it's time to let them go, I need to appreciate His wisdom. The empty spots remain, though, and I sometimes can't help but be saddened by the reminders.

Lori said...

That tomato pie looks yummy! Sad about the trees. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.