9.23.2008

Today I was on my way to Target and I got lost. The problem is, I’m at home! Last year for Thanksgiving I was heading to a friend’s house and I got lost. I had been to his house a million times. How does this happen? I can navigate myself successfully all over the United States for work… Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta. For some reason when I get home I get lost. I eventually found Target. On my little adventure I passed this…


The rumor is a company wanted the all the United States Presidents sculpted for a monument they were creating. Last minute they decided not to proceed with the monument and the Houston company that sculpted these is stuck with them. So, they just sit. I’m not sure if that is the true story but I really don’t want to look it up, so I’ll go with it.

I am so easily distracted in Target. It’s a problem. I had a list of 3 things. I knew exactly where they were located in the store. Of course, I didn’t walk straight to the items. I took the long way, passing through the Halloween items, the new decorations, and the dog clothes. I purchased a Halloween costume for Daisy (sister’s Maltese). I’m going to surprise y’all next week with her costume for this year. Can you guess what it might be? She already has the bubble bee, the ladybug, the ballerina, the pumpkin, the lobster and the hippy girl. Luckily, I only left Target with one extra item. Does anyone else loose themselves in Target the way I do?

I was doing laundry today and noticed my poor basil plant. I’m so sad, it’s dead. My friend, John, gave me this just a few weeks ago. I love fresh basil on sandwiches, homemade pizza, salads, etc… I don’t think I’m home enough to keep anything alive. Sorry John, I really tried.


Last week I had to make a business call in a small town south of Waco, TX. On my drive home I stopped at a few antique shops. I picked up a couple great items.

I love the little chip and dip bowl. It’s so different, it was only $6.00.

I also picked up this pink depression candy dish. My mom has the cutest set of pink depression dessert plates.

7 comments:

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

love the dish!

Anonymous said...

Is "PINK DEPRESSION" what Daisy is called in her pink outfit? :)

Danielle Moss said...

Cute antiques!

Can I have a clue about the outfit? My immediate thought would be something girly. A princess? Mermaid? (Of course my head immediately went to thoughts of Disney movies).

I had such a crazy night. Tomorrow, I have to go buy another (expensive) external hard drive. :(

I hope you had fun tonight! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Talk to you tomorrow.

xoxo,

Danielle

Anonymous said...

i think she's going to be the devil for halloween.... is that what you got her? i always call her the blanco diablo

Amy said...

You and your siblings are all too funny!! Don't feel too bad - my family always gives me a hard time about getting lost AND I can't keep a plant alive even though I am home everyday. I would love to see Daisy in her costume once she gets it.
PS- your parents are so great and have the biggest hearts

Wearing Mascara said...

I get lost all the time... for no reason!

P.S. I tagged you in my blog post today!

Dawn said...

It would be so cool to see those monuments...I wonder what the real story is??

My mom used to have a chip and dip just like that...and I love the candy dish! Great finds!