9.04.2008

I’ve been traveling the last seven weeks. I noticed that my purse seems to get heavier and heavier everyday. I just can’t wait to put it down and I’m having a hard time finding things inside. Holding up the airport security line because you’re digging for your plastic bag with 3oz. liquids and gels doesn’t go over so well with the business travelers in line. So, I decided to dump everything out and see what’s going on. This is really what was in my purse. I’m not joking. No wonder my shoulder hurts. Maybe I need to take some time off work until it feels better. Just kidding… can you imagine asking for time off because my purse was too heavy?


Here's some of the highlights... :) Dining Out Book (so I can make good choices), Mileage log (company car), 2 Continental boarding passes, 3 pair of sunglasses, 2 hair clips, 5 lipsticks in the Vera make-up bag

4 packages of gum and a banana. The photo is of a banana peel. I decided to eat it before I took the photo~it was good.


6 pens and a Sharpie~ I can never find a pen when I need one. A tape measure~ John C. this is your tape measure. :)


I just watched the replay of Palin’s speech last night. Love her. I started to cry a little when she was talking about special needs (SN) children. She said if you have a SN child and they are elected, you will have a voice and friend in the White House. Cry, cry.

On October 11 I will be traveling to China to work in a SN Foster Home outside of Beijing. Due to sensitivity issues I cannot name the place where I’ll be volunteering on my blog. If you would like more information, you can email me. I will be updating my blog while I’m in China and I’ve been told I can post pictures of the activities we do with the kids. I'm so ready to go but it still seems surreal, even though I've been before. Here are some pictures from my 2006 trip to a SWI in the Fuzhou province.



Stairs to the orphanage. To this day, when I see this picture so many emotions stir inside me.

Babies sleeping. There is no mattress, just a towel separting their little heads and wood.

The Beach

Helping my new little friend find seashells. She was 4 years old and this was her first time to visit the ocean. She loved it! She got off the bus and ran yelling, "I'm so happy, I'm so happy." We had an interpreter.

The kids showing the nannies their new outfits; their joy was indescribable. It was the first time they got to pick out an outfit themselves and have someone buy it for them. It just breaks my heart.

25 comments:

Deb said...

Your purse made me giggle.....looks like mine on busy weeks too! How awesome that you are volunteering at an orphanage in China again! That is so cool that you do that! Can't wait to follow along on that journey!

Heather said...

I just discovered your blog, and I love it! That is so funny about all that stuff in your purse. Glad the banana was yummy. :) On a more serious note, the little ones really do not have a mattress? That breaks my heart. I think it is so neat that you have been there to volunteer and are going again! Good for you! I look forward to reading all about it. Heather/Grace303

Kate said...

Where did you get that heart ipod cover? I NEED to have it!

Jill said...

Kate~ I got the heart case at Forever 21 a couple of years ago. It's actually a sunglass holder. I was in a hurry and needed something to protect my ipod and just ended up putting it in the sunglass case. It works really well.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

wow so cool your purse made me laugh! so funny and the banana peels for show cute.good luck in china that is a awesome thing you are doing

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

how do you get your name like that at the end of the blog that is neat?

Courtney said...

Hi,
Just reading your blog for the first time.
What you do is amazing! That is so neat that you travel to all those places and help others in need!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

AWESOME THANKS MANY BLESSINGS

DID YOU SEE MY VIEDO THAT WAS FROM MY CHURCH.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

AWESOME THANKS MANY BLESSINGS

DID YOU SEE MY VIEDO THAT WAS FROM MY CHURCH. I JUST POSTED IT SO GLADE YOU POPED IN! I CANT WAIT TO HAVE DANIELLE RE DO MY BLOG. ANY GOOD SITES I LOVE YOURS WITH THE PARIS SO CUTE.

THANKS FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS I WOULD NEED THAT

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

playing tag thanks a bunch you like that go to my other blog sundays blessings and check out why you might neeyd to back lof the blogs to the begining and see that one awesome and moving! iam trying to post the new name its not staying in the settings then format then post template right? its not posting. i may need to double check on teh code.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

ill get it soon i think lol

iam also looking at the sites danielle sent me for the blog makeover so many to chose from

oh i added you :) lol

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

how is the sholder? take off from work only millions of people would know the real reason:)))))) lol

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

ok how can i get it at the bottom of the post mine keeps apearing at the top? jill help me please i did the ht what ever code and paste it in the setting,formatting and then went to template however mione keeps coming at teh top of my posts and not the bottom.

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by to visit - nice to meet you! Oh, you have my heart...a voice for China. We hope to adopt from there one day soon. Please know that I look forward to your future posts!

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Wow Jill, I didn't know you were going back to China?! That's terrific!! I will keep that journey in my prayers. My heart aches to see the babies laying on just a board and towel. :(
Could you look for my daughter and bring her home to me?

Funny about your heavy purse...I think you should ask for time off! haha

Amy said...

Your purse looks so good compared to mine - I really need to clean mine out too.

I cannot wait to hear about your trip when you get back. You have such a great big heart and I know you will touch so many children while you are there.

Danielle Moss said...

I am so excited for your trip. Too bad we couldn't come up with a fun Asian look for your blog. I tried to look a bit on my own too. Why is it so hard finding Asian inspired elements??

I cannot believe that you carry so much in your purse. Well, I can actually. Your purse is huge.

Talk soon.

Sharon said...

That is so cool!!!
Cute about the banana and I am so grateful for all the excitement Sarah P is providing for all of us on the right side, haha

Thank you so much for that insight on no toys. I would love to hear anythign you can think of!

I will love checking your blog while you are in China!!

3 Peanuts said...

You are such a good person for doing this. I am so grateful for people who give of their time to the Chinese orphanages. One day, when Kate is old enough...it is my dream for us to go together to volunteer.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi Jill~

First, I was totally laughing at you emptying the contents of your purse. That is really being a transparent person. I always vow not to let my purse get cluttered and bogged down but it doesn't take long--especially since today's bags are SOOO big. I have "hurt" my back, neck, and shoulders, too. My mom carries the whole nine yards in her bag and is about 100 pounds or so...So, my sweet dad always carts her purse around for her. It STILL embarrasses me when he does that in public.

Goosebumps is what I got when I read about your upcoming trip. Jill, thank you for LIVING James 1:27. I didn't know you were going back to China. I'm so proud to "know" you and am certain you will bring glory to God. I definitely want to hear more about it. I'll email you.

Loved this post!

Love~
Lisa

Dawn said...

Jill,

I have been so out of touch lately, but I am so thrilled you are going back to China, I too, will be praying for your time there!

I love the post about your purse...too funny!

Janet said...

If a purse is heavy in the store I don't buy it. I never know what will end up in it. I imagine with the addition of grandkids one day that purse rule will mean even more.
Those pictures do bring back memories of laughs and tears. I know we will have more laughs and tears to add to the memories after this trip.
Love, Mom

Christi said...

your trip sounds amazing. someday, when we are ready, we want to adopt a girl from china. like your blog.