8.30.2008

Last week I worked in San Antonio, which is always nice because I have the chance to stay with my family instead of a hotel. Thursday night I made dinner at my parent’s house. My grandparents, sister, and brother-in-law joined us. I really like to cook but I seldom cook for myself.



After dinner my sister modeled some dresses I want to sell on eBay. Now that I have the photos, I just have to post the details on eBay… not fun. Cleaning out my closet is a never ending project.

Last weekend I picked up this adorable doormat from Swoozies. It was on sale for 70% off. I love Swoozies and cutie doormats!!!

Friday John McCain announced Sarah Palin as his running mate. I watched Sarah’s speech and I was so impressed. Sarah thanked Hilary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro for paving the way for women in politics! She didn’t say anything bad about them; she thanked them. Classy!!! In addition to being the governor of Alaska and numerous professional and personal accomplishments, she was a beauty queen. That’s fabulous.



I hope y’all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I don’t have anything specific planned. However, I’m looking forward to relaxing, reading, working out, catching up on sleep and shopping with Lindsay for her house.

13 comments:

Kate said...

Love that welcome mat! I just checked the Swoozies site and there is a store in Manhattan Beach-pretty close to LAX and right by where my best friend lives. I can't wait to check it out when I'm back in LA

Janet said...

We loved the food. It was a fun and welcomed change.
Yes, Sarah seems so likable.
Love, Mom

Mac said...

Food = yummy. Welcome mat = tres cute! Also, I grew up in Houston. Like your blog :).

Amy Maze said...

Looks delicious! The dresses are beautiful, wish I could wear them! Good luck posting on ebay, have a great weekend!

suntawrites said...

I popped over from Jules & Gems... I was a Corporate Trainer previously for 4 years and I loved it.
The dresses you are selling are all adorable! Good Luck with EBay.
:)

Carrie said...

You have some cute dresses! My wardrobe could probably use some help from you... :)

I'm excited to be seeing you so soon!

Love,
C.

Karen said...

The food looks yummy! I've also been impressed with Sarah P....seems like such a class act.

Karen

PS: The doormat is just too cute!

Deb said...

Your food looks so yummy Jill! Hope you have had a great weekend!

Lori said...

All the food you made looks yummy! I'm sure your family completely enjoyed that treat!
Swoozies is such a fun store with so many cute things! Love the mat!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi Jill~

I think the meal you made looks fab! One day when you leave your girly girl bubble :o) you will make a man very happy...God has a plan for you and I hope you are at peace about this until he unveils Mr. Right to you.

I consider myself girly in a lot of ways but you definitely are the most feminine girly girl I know. Fly your pink girl flag proudly, my friend!

Love~
Lisa

Monogramchick said...

Hey there swap partner!
I just read that we are partners for the Wicked Swap hosted by The Lawyers Wife.

Feel free to email me: sarah(at)monogramchick{dot}com

Can't wait to get to know you!

Sharon said...

I wish I was at your home getting to eat that great dinner and wear those cute dresses!! haha Lovely!
And I am really excited about Gov p!!

Hope you are having a super week so far!!! Any nice young men around lately!??

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Hi there - found you through Pearls and Grace. Cute blog! LOVE the doormat..I've been wanting one of those, but OK has no Swoozies. It's one of my favorite stores that I really miss!