8.14.2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for an answered prayer. Last Thursday night I prayed for something very specific and kinda small (but not really small to me). It seemed impossible but I thought I’d give it a try. I really, really didn’t think a certain situation would change. However, Friday morning I turned on my computer and my prayer had been answered! I couldn’t believe it, in hours God had answered my “small” prayer.

I’m so thankful that my prayer was answered and answered so quickly. It reminds me that He still hears me and He has not forgotten me. I really needed a reminder! I have prayed about a situation in my life for 10+ years and my prayer has not been answered yet. I know I should wait patiently but I get frustrated and weary. Sometimes I feel God just forgot about me or maybe I slipped just through the cracks. I know it’s not true but it feels that way at times.

Thank you God for reminding me you ARE listening and miracles DO still happen.






7 comments:

Amy Maze said...

Thanks for the reminder, I needed to hear that today too!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

god is so great and amazing, im so happy he came through in your perfect time frame and answered your prayers! the other prayer will become answered too, and if not sometimes youve gotta thank god for unanswered prayers :)

Amy C said...

Your bday needs to hurry up. I got the rest of your present today and I want to give it to you!!!

Danielle Moss said...

I'm glad that it worked out. I know it was small -- but still, you really didn't think it would work out and it did!

Deb said...

Jill.....I always have to remind myself that God's timing is ALWAYS perfect.....that has gotten me through this incredibly long wait for Sophie's Mei Mei!

Lori said...

I know what you mean about feeling forgotten sometimes, I was just telling my husband something similar the other day. We just have to keep remembering and believing. I will say a special prayer for you tonight. :)

Janet said...

I love the way God speaks to us while we wait for those special answers. He blesses us with so much encouragement that we cannot mistake that these messages are from Him. He is good and faithful.
Love, Mom