12.08.2008

Dr. Mark

I have a dear friend, Dr. Mark. I think I mentioned him a year ago on my blog. I don’t write about him often. I’ve thought everyone would think he’s my boyfriend and when I say he’s not my boyfriend people would wonder why. So here it goes…



Baseball Game~ not really my idea of fun but I wore a dress


Mark and I on New Year's Eve last year~ He's really cute!

~We call him Dr. Mark because he an Anesthesiologist. There are SO many Marks; I must have a way to distinguish them. He doesn’t really like it that I call him Dr. Mark but oh well….I have 5 Marks in my blackberry!

~Mark and I are not dating and we never will. He’s not straight.

~Dr. Mark is super sweet and he’s extremely smart. If you meet him he’ll never let you know how smart he is; he’s very humble.

~I met Mark 3 years ago at a birthday party. I feel like I’ve know him forever. We grew up in very similar households and we have a lot in common.

~Dr. Mark and I are like an old couple. Many Saturday afternoons we take a 3 mile walk in the park. Afterwards, we have an afternoon cocktail at Smith & Wollensky.

Last Saturday afternoon during our walk, Mark asked me if I want to go to his work Christmas party that night. I really didn’t want to go but I told him “Maybe.” Then Mark told me he saw our favorite girl, Blair Waldorf, on Gossip Girl wearing a green dress and ever since he’s wanted to buy it for me. So sweet but my response was “Oh no, no. You can’t do that.” Mark told me that if I would go to his Christmas party he would buy me a dress. Ohhh… he knows me so well! I did tell him over and over that he didn't have to buy me a dress but he insisted. So, my “Maybe” changed to an “Okay, I'll go to the party!”


A Christmas Party last year


After Smith & Wollensky, Dr. M took me to very expensive store in Houston with designer dresses. He told me my budget was $500. Y’all, I didn’t find anything I liked! Can you believe that? I’m just not into expensive clothes. I like what I like, no matter what the price tag says or name on the inside label~which can be bad at times.

Next we go to my favorite store in the whole world, Anthro. I’ve shopped in London, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, China, and NYC. I always come back to Anthro! I found a dress and I came in $300 under budget. I always knew I was low maintenance. :) We didn’t take any full length photos at the party but I found the dress on Polyvore.com. It was SOOOO sweet of Dr. M. I had a huge smile on my face all day.




Being Stupid



pink dress by peeptoepumps

14 comments:

Wearing Mascara said...

That is so sweet and the dress is SO CUTE! Love it - what an awesome guy! :-)

Danielle Moss said...

Well, as you know, I already heard this whole story and loved it. I think Dr. Mark is so sweet!

I'm all for you calling him Dr. Mark by the way. It's the only way I know who you're talking about :)

Love the dress! So cute!

all i need is love... said...

Dr. Mark is so hot! Eye candy! :)

Rachel H. said...

Awh that is too sweet!! The outfit looks great! I'm sure it was gorgeous on you. :)

K and/or K said...

Any guy with Blair on his radar is a charm!!!! LUCKY you!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

so cute! wish i had a reason to buy a fun dress like that! what a nice guy!

The Cape House said...

That is incredibly sweet, I need to get me some friends like that! You made a great selection, too.

AndreaLeigh said...

Dr. Mark is both very cute and very generous. Is it unPC to say I wish I had a gay BFF? I love the dress you chose. It looks amazing!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

AWWWW!! I am in love with you both. bff's are the best, especially adorable ones like this one. .miss grace of will and grace!! xo

Treasure Ann said...

What a great friend and a great friendship you both have. Sounds like your enjoying life.

Kate said...

What an awesome guy! And a free shopping trip? Lucky girl!

Amy Maze said...

what a great story! dr. mark sounds wonderful!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Dr. Mark sounds awesome. You obviously have a lot of fun together. I hope you find someone that makes you laugh like that to fall in love with:)

You both look so great in these photos.

Karen said...

Great photos! Dr. Mark is gorgeous...and sounds like such a sweet friend.

Karen