12.02.2008

Gracie Update

Gracie is 9 Months Old

I received my first sponsor update on Gracie, the happiest baby in the world. She’s getting so big! I miss her so much.

"On November 24th Gracie had heart surgery. The two ½ hour surgery was successful and she has recovered very quickly. She has recovered so quickly that she is being released from the hospital today.

Gracie's nanny wrote this update.
Coming to us recently from another orphanage, Gracie is a beautiful little girl with big eyes, porcelain skin, and a sweet smile. She suffers from a congenital heart disease, but her surgery on November 24 went very well, and we're confident that she will fully recover. Gracie has done so well since coming to the foster home. She gained 1.2 kg in a little over a month, and she's learned to roll over and hold her head up since coming to the foster home. She sucks her fingers in a very cute way, and she loves being held. She always coos and gives such beautiful big smiles. We're thrilled to see the progress she's made in just a few weeks, and we can't wait to see what she accomplishes in the future!"

11 comments:

Beth said...

What a beautiful little girl! I'm so glad that she's doing well. Keep posting the updates. :)

Treasure Ann said...

I'm so happy Gracie is doing well. Thank the Lord, she sounds like she's in good health. So so glad the surgery was a success.
Gracie is blessed to have you in her life Jill.

K and/or K said...

Amen! What a gorgeous little one she is--she looks so happy!

Rachel H. said...

So cute! She is so beautiful, and she seems to happy! Glad to hear the surgery went well!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news!

Woman Interrupted said...

Stumbled across your blog and loved reading about your trip to China!

Very cute blog and I'm jealous of all the cute trinkets your girlfriends keep sending you!

University of Iowa Meg said...

So beautiful :) How does the sponsoring thing work?? I am totally intrigued. I am so glad her heart surgery went well. I have had two- I know how it is!! My thoughts and prayers are with her and you!

AndreaLeigh said...

She is just adorable. How could you not love that face? I'm glad she came through surgery like a trooper and my prayers will be with her for health!

Kate said...

So happy she is doing well! She deserves the best!

Danielle Moss said...

What a sweetie! I am so glad that she's doing so well!

Janet said...

I love the picture of Gracie. She looks so good. Praise God for the successful surgery.
Love, Mom