2.06.2009

Am I in China or San Antonio?

I'm hosting a baby shower for my friend, Amy, in April. The theme is "Big Top Circus," which is SO perfect for Amy! Amy is having twin boys and loves Circus food. I've been on the hunt for some unique shower items. I can't wait to show y'all all the cute things we are doing for the shower, but you'll have to wait until April. I want Amy to have a few surprises!

I've heard Big Lots had unique items that you can't find other places. I'm in San Antonio visiting my family so my mom and I decided to check out Big Lots. It was our first time in a Big Lots and possibly the last time. :) They definitely had some unique, hard-to-find items. Check out this Miracle Whip. I think this shipment was meant for China, not San Antonio.


6 comments:

jlc said...

I LOVE the theme! You're gonna have a blast planning it!

Second you would totally LOVE my town! Everything is KOREAN! And yes, it's meant for Jersey.

midnight macaroons said...

Wow, Chinese Miracle Whip in Texas? Have you ever thought how food makes it on a shelf at a discount store? Why isn't it on a shelf at a regular grocery store? Things that make you go hmmmm....

Good luck on planning your baby shower. My neighbor had a Circus theme B-Day party for her son. They had animal crackers for birthday favors. It was really cute.

Heather said...

How funny! A while back when cleaning out drawers, I came across a tube of Crest toothpaste that we had bought in China. It brought back so many memories.

I hope you plan on posting pics of the decorations you have found for the baby shower. Love the theme!

melissa said...

Well, I have never been to Big Lots, but have heard it is not exactly my type of store! ;)
Looking forward to seeing more about the shower!
Also, I forgot to thank you for posting my etsy shop here on your blog - much appreciate, Jill.

melissa

Treasure Ann said...

That is truly amazing. I have never seen Chinese mayonaise. I think Big Lots is a unique store to have that, wouldn't you say.

Have fun at the baby shower. :)

AndreaLeigh said...

I don't know if I would say Big Lots has unique stuff... more like stuff that fell off the back of the truck that they can't sell in other stores. haha.

i can't wait to see shower pics!