2.18.2009

Car Accident and The Real Housewives

Car Accident~

This morning on the way to work I was in a car accident. It wasn’t my fault and I’m okay. However, I’ve been shaky all day. It really scared me.

The Story~ I was driving in the right lane towards a red light. The cars in the left lane were stopped. As I was heading toward the red light, I noticed a minivan in the left lane start to enter my lane. He didn’t look over his shoulder to see if anyone was coming. I honked my horn, slammed on the break, and swerved over as far as I could. He hit me. The guy stopped and gave me his insurance information. I told him to wait while I made a phone call. It’s a company car and I have to touch base with our fleet company for direction in the event of an accident. He fled the scene. I wonder if he thought I was calling the police. Oh well, what can you do?

Anyway, it’s been a long day. I can’t open the driver’s side door. So, the car had to go into the shop today. Also, I had to stop at the police station to fill out an accident report for my company. I had to get in and out of the car on the passenger side. That was embarrassing. As I was walking into the police station, my knees were shaking. I haven’t had shaky knees since the earthquake in California last year.

I’m thankful it wasn’t worse. Not that this matters but my rental car is gross. Y’all, it doesn’t have power locks or power windows. I didn’t know they made cars without power locks anymore!


The Real Housewives of O.C.~

Last night was the season finale of The Real Housewives of O.C. Most of the former housewives attended the finale party. Remember Quinn from Season 3 (pictured below), did anyone else notice she didn’t attend the party? I wonder why? How about Jo? Ugh! Did anyone else think Jo looked like Pocahontas with her new haircut? I don’t like bangs on her.

I can't wait until next season. I wonder if Gretchen will return for Season 5? Whooo Hooo! If you watch the show, you know what that's about. :) Love her!



30 comments:

all i need is love... said...

I'm sorry to hear about that. Thank goodness you are okay! What a loser to get scared away! Maybe he didn't have insurance?

Anonymous said...

Ohh man I don't know how someone could just flee from the scene of an accident that was their fault! How do they sleep at night? Thank goodness you didn't get hurt!
I loved the season finale of the OC wives last night. Can't wait for next season!

Laura said...

Car accidents are SO scary. Thank god that you aren't hurt. What a creeper to flee an accident (what kind of idiot does that after giving their insurance information anyway??). Sorry you had to deal with this today, hope that your evening is better :)

Abbi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident but i am glad to hear your okay! ..that's crappy of him! i hope it all works out!

Jill said...

So sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you're ok. I did notice the absence of Quinn... hmmmmmm.... And I have always thought Jo was homely. Did you catch the glimpse of Slade's girlfriend? She's a much cuter version of Jo. I have about had it with Vicki. Her Cruise was a joke! I keep wondering, though, if the producers have just made her play up her nastiness, because she is just over the top. It will be interesting to see if Gretchen comes on next year's show. I hope so. I kinda liked her. And I did like Jeana's new guy, too...but they are "just friends". She let a good one go, I think.

Lulu said...

I can't wait for season 5. WOOOHOOO! ;-)

Lulu said...

Also -- I am really glad you are ok from the accident!!

AmyT said...

glad you weren't hurt - how scary! I can't believe he took off!

That Pink Girl said...

Praise God that you are okay! It's always the ones without Insurance and without a sense of responsibility that seem to hit the nice people. I'm not sure how that works and why they don't just run into each other. ;0) Glad you weren't hurt!

clsoetofsara said...

Sorry to hear about your accident, doll! But I'm glad to hear you're not hurt!!

The OC wives finale was great!! Poor Gretchen, though. I like her, also. But I'm totally over Vicki. Poor Donn!

Jules said...

So glad you're okay. Getting into an accident is scary. It sounds like you have some good driving skills and got out of the way as much as you could. I cannot believe the guy fled the scene! Ugh.

I have yet to watch the season finale of Real Housewives. This is the first season I have watched the show and I love it.

BLC :o said...

Sorry to hear about the accident and glad to hear you are okay! And, I just LOVE the RDH (of OC, NYC, ATL... ALL of 'em). Xoxo-BLC

In This Wonderful Life said...

I am so sorry about your wreck!!! I'm glad you are okay!!! Love the housewives too! Can't wait for the next season! NYC should be good too!

katie lake said...

I'm so glad you weren't hurt and how rude of that guy to leave the scene! It can get so tricky when dealing with company cars. At least you got his insurance information. Last time I was in a wreck I was a passenger and I couldn't drive without having a panic attack for a week.

Amy C said...

That sucks! So glad you're okay. I can't believe the driver left...what a piece of crap!! I'll call ya tomorrow...I was at the Dr. today when you called.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Jill!! I'm so glad you're okay. I hate bad rental cars - my last one didn't have power locks or windows either. What a pain!

Real Housewives had such a good finale! I totally noticed Quinn wasn't there. Maybe they decided she's too dull? And Jo's bangs ... there are just no words. What was she thinking!? I can't wait for next season!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are ok!! So sorry to hear about your accident!

Sassy Engineer said...

I'm glad you weren't hurt! I have only been in a couple of car accidents that didn't result in anyone getting hurt or my fault, but it does shake you up!

As for the OC - wasn't it so sad that Jeff passed away? I get frustrated for Tamra and Vicki because I think they are so hard on Gretchen and her relationship. It also drove me crazy how Vicki kept showing off that stupid watch all night!

Brittney said...

I left you something on my blog~

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm so sorry you were in an accident. I'm glad you are ok.

Megan said...

Gretchen is my favorite!

Hope you wont be too sore tomorrow, i'd take some Tylenol before you went to bed! How could a guy just flee the scene? That's weird! I would have called the cops then!!

Kate said...

Jill, so glad you are ok! I can't believe he left. I hope the damage is covered by your company!

Jules said...

How rude to leave the scene!!! I'm glad you are okay though!

Seaside Prep said...

Just read this and mind meld!! I am so sorry about your accident!! My rental car isn't that great either, if it makes you feel any better!! :)

Janet said...

We are very thankful that you are not hurt, even though the trauma can leave you shakey for a while. God had you in his hands.
Love, Mom

midnight macaroons said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. I’m sure that guy doesn’t have any insurance. My hubby and I are constantly avoiding accidents in Austin. The driving here really sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with the hassle of getting your car fixed. At least you weren't hurt. That's the most important thing.

I totally agree with you. Jo’s hair looks yucky. Bangs were not a good idea. I think Tamra and Gretchen are going to cat fight next season. Do you watch HWV NYC?

Petunia said...

Glad to hear that you are okay! Car accidents freak me out!
Re: O.C. -- Gretchen drives me nuts! Waah--I missed the season finale.

AndreaLeigh said...

i am so glad you are ok! i'm really sorry that had to happen, though. ugh.

i haven't watched the finale yet. i'm sad that I just got into it this season adn missed all the previous drama!

Amy said...

Glad you're OK! Hope your weekend is better.

melissa said...

Oh Jill, I am so sorry. Thank God you did not get injured.


melissa