2.08.2009

Diet Soda Cake

If you do weight watchers or you subscribe to Hungry Girl, you may know about the Diet Soda Cake or Cupcakes. I tried it for the first time and the results were great!

You can use any cake mix, add 12oz. of diet soda, and 2 egg whites. Mix the ingredients together and follow the baking instructions on the box.

I made cupcakes using yellow cake mix and diet 7-up. I used Reduced Sugar Chocolate Fudge Icing. Each cupcake is 4 points with the icing. Without icing each cupcake is 2 points. You could use Fat Free Cool Whip instead of icing.







I've heard these are some great diet soda and cake mix combos...

Lemon Cake Mix and Diet 7-Up

Chocolate Cake Mix and Diet Coke

White Cake Mix and Diet Cherry 7-Up

Red Velvet Cake Mix and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper

White Cake Mix with Diet Orange Soda


16 comments:

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Hmm, this looks interesting but good! I don't do WW, but I do count calories. Do you know if the calorie count is available anywhere?

Wearing Mascara said...

Okay now I'm hungry. :-)

*One Step at a Time* said...

oh my goodness! I am so happy you tried these. I hear about them all the time but have yet to try them! Now I have to :)

jlc said...

Oh my gosh! Yummmmm. I just got in from a run and I soooo did not need this. Hahah!! Heart you!!

Woman Interrupted said...

Looks great! I am going to love trying this one.

Beth said...

I think I'm going to have to try these...maybe even this week, Michael's birthday is on Tuesday. He's a really health nut who doesn't usually eat cake, but he might try these.

In This Wonderful Life said...

I've never heard of this but I think I'm going to have to try it!! YUM! xoxo

Abbi said...

my mom is a huge weight watchers buff and fan (it always works for her too!) anyways, she's made the cake and bronnies before and it was awesome!!! i really couldn't even taste a difference!

Anonymous said...

Another great combo is Cherry Coke Zero and Devil's Food Cake. It's a bit like a Black Forest Cake.

Jules said...

I have seen this on HG before and have been meaning to try it. The cupcakes look like they turned out great!

The red velvet combination sounds so good.

AndreaLeigh said...

have you tried pumpkin and cake mix? that's a good combo too. i think those cupcakes are 2 points as well.

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

I can't wait to try this!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

these are my FAVORITE!! my mom and grandma have made these cakes for years and I just love them. reminds me of my childhood! haha, and they're so good too!

Sassy Engineer said...

This sounds so yummy - I think I might have to try it. I love cupcakes!!!

Laura said...

What a great idea!!! I've never heard of this, but I am definitely going to try this out soon.

Heather said...

I have never heard of this, but now I am very curious to try one.