2.27.2009

February Gracie Update



Gracie is 11 Months Old.
Gracie's nanny wrote this update:

Gracie is now able to sit upright and crawls by herself. She can grasp toys near her and is able to change them from one hand to another. She enjoys observing her surroundings and recognizes her name being spoken. She has a big, beautiful smile and enjoys hugs. She has established a routine diet and normal sleeping pattern. She enjoys the company of adults and the games they play with her.



For those unfamiliar with Gracie's story.... Gracie arrived at New Day Foster Home in China last fall while I was volunteering. I instantly fell in love with her. Despite coming from poverty conditions, suffering from malnourishment, and needing heart surgery Gracie was sweetest and happiest baby I had ever met. After returning to the U.S., I decided to sponsor Gracie for the year. As a result, I receive monthly updates on Gracie's progress. Notice how tiny Gracie is in the photo with me and how much she's changed since last fall. What a difference; God is good!

19 comments:

Beth said...

I love Gracie updates! What a little beauty!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

adorable!

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

Both photos are beautiful!!!!

Purple Flowers said...

I love your blog. Gracie is a beautfiul little girl, and her name fits her perfectly!

Seaside Prep said...

yay for gracie!!

Sassy Engineer said...

She is just so precious :)

all i need is love... said...

Awwwww....Gracie is sooooo cute!! I got my update too!

all i need is love... said...

P.S. Her birthday is coming up soon! I bet you have all sorts of goodies to send her!

Janet said...

Gracie is cuuuute! She is more beautiful on every update. What a precious child!

Janet said...

Gracie is so cuuuute! She is more beautiful on every update. What a precious child.
Love, Mom

In This Wonderful Life said...

She is ADORABLE!! You are such a good person!!

Kate said...

She is getting so big!

jennykate77 said...

OHmyGosh...she is the sweetest! It's good to know that she's doing so well. That's a really great thing to do, sponsoring a child...very admirable.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Woman Interrupted said...

He certainly is! That is the most beautiful thing I've seen today.

AndreaLeigh said...

gracie is adorable. look at all that thick black hair! she's gotten so chunky and she looks like such a happy baby.

Jules said...

Great update! She is so precious. I think it's wonderful what you do!

midnight macaroons said...

Gracie is beautiful.

melissa said...

Gracie is just adorable. Such a wonderful & rewarding act being her sponsor.
Email me when you have time, Jill - I would like to know more about sponsorship. As you know, China baby girls are very dear to my heart:) Thanks!

melissa

Janet said...

Gracie looks so good! She just gets more beautiful all the time.
Love, Mom