2.13.2009

The Bag Game

I was tagged by Anna at Pocket Full of Pink. I recently discovered Anna’s blog and absolutely love it. Pocket Full of Pink… isn’t that a cute name? Stop by and say "Hi" to Anna.

Here's the rules~

1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. We want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house. No cheating!

2) Say how much it costs. This is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, do tell.

3) Tag some friends.



I change purses all the time. The last two days I’ve been carrying my LV bag. The LV bag was a gift from my friend, Mark (not to be confused with Dr. Mark). Remember when I said I have five Mark’s in my Blackberry? I wasn’t kidding.

Mark and I have been friends for 11 years. Mark moved from Houston for about 2 years and then back to Houston in 2003. As he was looking for a place to live, he stayed on my couch. One day we were at lunch and he told me as a “thank you” gift, he was going to buy me a LV purse. I about freaked out! First, you don’t need to buy me a “thank you” gift for sleeping on my couch. That’s what friends do for each other. Second, that’s waaaaay too much. He insisted.


Mark and Me at my 30th Birthday Party.
(He's not my boyfriend)


I went with Mark to pick out the purse. I know how much it cost but really don’t want to post it on my blog. I’m sure y’all know how much a LV costs. When I first got it home, I sat the purse on the couch for weeks. I would sit next to it to watch TV and sometimes I would just stare at it. Anyway, it’s been put to good use since and I’ll never get rid of it. The traditional LV's are timeless.

I tag...

Sisters Jessica and Danielle. They always have the BEST purses.

Andrea at My Chihuahua Bites. Check out her new blog design. SOOO cute!

Julie at Wearing Mascara.

Alice at A Balancing Act in Heels.

Abbi at A Tid Bit of the Taylors.

Cyndi at Waiting for Lilly Rae.

Natalie at The Brocks Rock.

P.S. It kinda makes me crazy when blogger doesn't space correctly. Does anyone know how to fix it? Okay... I just added another photo to try and fix my spacing issues. Now instead of running together, there's too much space. It really bugs me when my posts are spaced right.

8 comments:

jennykate77 said...

Great bag! Great friend!!

::Preppy Principal:: said...

What a fun bag! Now I am tagging you- another tag, can you stand it? Have a wonderful Heart Day tomorrow!

Jules said...

What a wonderful gift and a good friend. I love that bag. It's a classic and will never go out of style.

Hubby bought me the Speedy 30 for my 29th bday and I am like you and used to just look at it until I finally started using it.

AndreaLeigh said...

love the bag! mark is super awesome. i took a pic of my bag today so i can post next week.

i hate blogger spacing as well. i usually end up posting and editing about four times before i get the spacing right. if you click over to edit html, you can add in spacing over there but it is tricky to read.

kadler said...

I love daily items with great stories behind them - like that bag! Thanks for sharing :)

Also, use the edit html tab - makes spacing a whole lot easier. You'll know exactly where the spaces are going.

Petunia said...

Love that classic bag. What a nice friend!
Happy Valentine's Day!!

Kate said...

What is it with you and these amazing Marks?? Lucky girl!

Abbi said...

thank you!! that's my post tonight!