3.29.2009

Last Thursday morning I got an urgent call from work. My co-worker was in Corpus Christi and he was very sick. He couldn't even leave his hotel room. Work needed me in Corpus as soon as possible. I was a little stressed, it's about 3.5 hours from Houston but I made it and I was able to finish his project. I found out what was wrong with my co-worker. Trust me, you don't want to know but he's doing much better.

Anyway, on the way home I decided to stop in San Antonio and visit my family. Friday night after dinner and a visit with my grandparents, my mom and I made Cherry Tassies. Yummm...


Cherry Tassies

1 1/4 cups butter, softened

2 1/4 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. vanilla

1 egg

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

48 red maraschino cherries with stems, drained

coarse sugar

Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in 1.5 cups of the powdered sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Beat in the vanilla and egg. Beat in as much of the flour as you can; stir in remaining flour.

Place remaining 3/4 powdered sugar in a shallow dish. Shape dough in 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Press each ball into the bottom and sides of a 1 3/4 inch muffin cup.

Place cherry, stem side up, in each cup. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pastry is browned. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Carefully transfer to rack to cool completely.


14 comments:

yours truly... said...

Oh my! These look absolutely delicious! I am going to borrow this recipe! :)

jlc said...

Scrumdiliumptious!!!!

And ohhhh we were gonna go to Corpus Christi last year... maybe we'll go this summer. Do you recommend it??

KAC said...

Those look so delicious I'm definitely going to make those! I'm glad you were able to get there in time and finish the project!

Her Preppiness said...

Looks yummy

Wearing Mascara said...

OMG I want! They look amazing!

Glad you got to Corpus Christi okay! :-)

Melissa Good Taste said...

Those look tasty!

midnight macaroons said...

Thanks for the new recipe. I'm really looking forward to baking something new and they look really yummy.

Purple Flowers said...

One word: YUMMY!

AndreaLeigh said...

wow, I bet it was stressful to get a call out of the blue and have to pack up and GO. but i'm glad you got to see your mom and make these yummies!

Petunia said...

I have never seen those before---they look yummy!!

Danielle Moss said...

Those look so good!

Anonymous said...

I want to try this recipe b/c I've never even heard of it before! They look delicious!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ooh, and they look fancy too! I'll have to try them!

Glad your co-worker is ok?? HA!

Jane said...

those are so fun! they look delicious!