3.04.2009

A New Blog, A Request, and An Award

New Blog~

Check out one of my new favorite blogs, New Day Foster Home. New Day is the Special Needs Foster Home I volunteered at last fall. I promise you'll love this blog and the wonderful things New Day is doing everyday to make the lives of orphans better. Don't forget to add their button to your blog.







A Request~


Many months ago my blog friend, Petunia in Paradise, requested that we disable the word verification in the comments section of our blogs. I didn't even know that my word verification was on and quickly disabled it. Since then I haven't had any problems with spam (knock on wood).


I'm asking the same thing today. Will you please disable your word verification? I love getting comments and try to leave as many comments as I can but the word verification can be annoying, especially when it doesn't work. Lately, I've had problems leaving many bloggers comments becasue the letters don't appear in the verification box. When this happens I've tried to refresh, enter the wrong letters so the right letters will appear, etc... Sometimes the tricks work and sometimes they don't. Pretty Please!


An Award~

My friend Andrea gave me The Cute's Award! Thanks, Andrea. If you don't know Andrea, check out her blog. She always has great recipes, craft ideas, and she's really funny. I'm going to pass the award to everyone who disables their word verification. :)

12 comments:

Jules said...

I cannot stand the word verification either. I don't think mine is enabled and I haven't had trouble with spam. I am the same as you and get really frustrated when trying to post comments on other blogs and it doesn't work.

I'll have to check out the blog link you posted!

Kate said...

People can still do comment moderation if they are worried about spam, etc. Word verification rarely works (especially when embedded under the new layout)

Sara said...

Turned it off on my blog! Yes, it is annoying, especially for Mac users. Thanks for the request, perhaps it will help.

Sandra said...

I turned off my word verif. too! It is so annoying!

all i need is love... said...

I'm going to disable my word verification thing.

Just. For. You. :)

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Yeah! Word verification stinks! :)

Angie said...

Jill,
I hate word verification too, it's so annoying, I agree someimes I don't leave comments for people because of it. I haven't had it for a few months and I haven't gotten any spam.
Angie
PS Cotton is a Malti Poo (1/2 poodle, half maltese)

Jenji said...

That is so cool you have been to sugarbaby's! If I am in that area I am going to have to check it out. Also, I didn't realise you could turn off the word verification. I went in and did that, so thanks for the advice:)

Sassy Engineer said...

I just disabled my word verification because I was having problems too :)

yours truly... said...

Thanks for your kind words! It made my day! :)

Lori said...

Oh I hate those "word verification" things too! lol

Petunia said...

Thank you for bringing attention to word verification! I have so much trouble with it when I'm trying to leave a comment on others blogs!!! ;-)