3.15.2009

Waffles

I've been craving waffles for the last month. After church a few Sundays ago, I went to brunch with a friend. I was so excited... I was going to order one waffle. The waiter came by to take our order and informed me they didn't have waffles that day. :(

The next week I was working in Albuquerque. The hotel had hot waffles every morning. I try to avoid a really big, fattening breakfast. Every morning I could smell them... yum. I decided I would have a waffle at the end of the week as a treat. The morning I checked out of the hotel, I went to the restaurant and guess what, they were out!

Since I've had such bad luck ordering waffles, I decided to make them at home this weekend. My sister bought me a Hello Kitty waffle maker a couple of years ago. Not only do the waffles taste good, they're cute!

I don't have a special recipe, I use the recipe on the Bisquick box.
I add a little vanilla flavoring to the batter.

Sorry for the blurry photo

Cute


Cute with Powdered Sugar

17 comments:

yours truly... said...

How cute is that waffle maker!! I had a delicious waffle this morning too, but it was from the ever so faithful IHOP!!

Hope you're having a great Sunday!!

Katy said...

Too cute.

I have a Powerpuff Girls one and everyone always laughs at me when I pull it out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a cute waffle maker. :-)

Abbi said...

i have to say that is too cute! i've never seen one of those before!! where on earth did she find that?

Jules said...

I just have to say that I am in love with your waffle maker. It is so cute! I love that it makes hello kitty shaped waffles.

They look delicious. I've never tried the healthy bisquick mix, but I will have to pick some up.

That Pink Girl said...

Too cute! You should try Stonewall Farms Pumpkin Spice pancake/waffle mix. (I get it at Central Market) It is yummy (as is EVERYTHING there it seems!)

jlc said...

Yummmm!! You and your Hello Kitty!! That asian-ness is def rubbing off on you! :)

Kate said...

These are so fun! We have a heart one and Mickey Mouse-just need a Hello Kitty one now! ;)

Jill said...

Oh, yum! I started making homemade waffles about a month ago and it's much easier that I thought. And the kids love them.

Anonymous said...

That is a super cute waffle maker, I want one now!! It's adorable!
http://fab.typepad.com

Danielle Moss said...

Mmmmmm. I want waffles! Why do you do this to me? First, diet coke, and now waffles.

I want a hello kitty waffle maker, too. So cute!

Whitney said...

That is the cutest waffle iron I've ever seen. And I'm not really surprised that you are the owner of it!

BLC :o said...

Awe! Those are precious. Also, I received your comment about missing the LP/Martha show ... its available online and I put the link under my original post. Enjoy!!! Xoxo-BLC

Jules said...

Well now that I want a waffle.... :)

VERY VERY cute waffle maker.

Aubrey said...

Yummy! My mouth is now watering and I'm craving waffles!

The Hello Kitty waffle maker is way too cute!

Barefoot in the Park said...

sweet delishousness ...

i HEART waffles!

AndreaLeigh said...

oh, i love hello kitty! those waffles are cute and they look yummy!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

omg ADORABLE.