3.11.2009

Odd~n~Ends

Humid Hotel~




Tonight I'm staying in a hotel in a city that was affected by Hurricane Rita in 2005 and possibly Hurricane Ike last fall. My hotel room is HUMID. I went down stairs and ask the lady at the front desk, "Did this hotel suffer from hurricane damage?" She looked at me like I was crazy but I know I'm not! I can walk in any hotel room and instantly tell if the room has had hurricane damage. Lovely, huh? It's just one of the benefits of living in hurricane territory. The lady at the front desk informed me the hotel has never had hurricane damage. I'm pretty sure I drove by this hotel after Rita and noticed a huge blue tarp on the roof. Oh well... it's just one night. Next week I'll be working in Katrina territory. I hope my hotel room isn't funky!

You know you're from South Texas or Louisiana if you say the names Ike, Rita, and Katrina on a regular basis and you're not referring to a people.


Tagged~

I was tagged by The Preppy Principal .

Go to your pics on your computer
Choose the 6th folder and 6th picture in the folder
Tell who and what
Pick 6 people to do the same

Since my computer contracted a dirty virus in January and crashed, I don't have all my photos in folders. So, I went to my Kodak Gallery account and clicked on the 6th album from the top and the 6th photo. Here it is..

Danielle and Kate at the Los Angeles flea market in January. I'll tag anyone who would like to play along.




Sexy Award~

The little cutie, Julie, from Wearing Mascara gave me the Sexy Blogger Award. Seriously, I just love Julie. She's like my cyber little sis. Thanks, Julie!


This award is a little embarrassing. The rules are to list 5 sexy things about myself (or try to!) and pass it on to 5 sexy bloggers.

Hmmm... I'm uncomfortable.

1. My toes are painted a really cute color right now.
2. I can beat any guy in a sit-up contest. The last guy that challenged me got a hernia and had to have surgery. You know who you are!
3. I can make a mean shrimp etouffee.
4. I can't stop picking at my hair.
5. Do these sexy facts count???

Because this award is so funny and uncomfortable I'm going to pass it to...

Danielle, Andrea, Jessica, Amy S. (private blog), Midnight Macaroons, and jlc. Please don't be mad at me. :)

Kreative Award~

Jules from Chic and Pink gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks, Jules!




The award rules: List 7 things that you love and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you love! Be sure to tag them and let them know that they have won. You can copy the picture of the award and paste it on your sideboard letting the whole world know...you are Kreativ!

I'm going to pass this award to everyone who turns off their word verification this week.

My "7 Loves" are... (not in order)

1. Medicated Chapstick. Today I purchased 4 new tubes... exciting!

2. Decorating. This afternoon I talked to my mom for 2 hours about decorating.

3. Diet Coke, especially the Route 44 Diet Coke from Sonic.

4. Church

5. Traveling, except humid hotel rooms


6. China

7. Dresses

10 comments:

jlc said...

HAHA!! I laughed when I read that you were uncomfortable. I'd be too!!

But thanks for nominating me on the best award ever!! Haha. You are awesome hun. :)

Jules said...

Ugh! I hope it cools down for you. Cute "sexy" award...lol!

In This Wonderful Life said...

haha I love that "everyone who turns their word verification off" ...I hope your hair does better than mine when humid!!

penny lane said...

thanks jill.....not mad. just hope i can figure out 7 things. hahahah

yours truly... said...

There is no where worse to be for humidity! It is SO uncomforable!!

Your sexy facts are cracking me up!! Too cute!!

alyssa said...

wow!! congrats on the sexy award!! i've never seen that!!

midnight macaroons said...

I can't believe you challenged a guy to sit-ups and he had a hernia! That is crazy...

Sorry about the humid room. At least it's not August. Maybe this year we'll be lucky and have a hurricane free season.

Love your "Sexy" list...you're too funny!

jennykate77 said...

Love your tags and awards! Hope you're next hotel is humidity free!

AndreaLeigh said...

thanks for the award! is hurricane radar like gaydar? hurridar?

i also am a major medicated chapstick fan. love aveenos! what do you buy?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to chime in on this one. I was the guy Jill "beat" in the sit-up competition. Technically, we tied. We got to about 500 crunches and both stopped out of exhaustion. However, yes, I did get a hernia which was later fixed during an appendectomy (not a good year).

So, Jill won by default!
:)
Mark