3.08.2009

Weekend Update

I got so much accomplished this weekend and it feels good. Friday night I met with Maria to work on details for Amy’s baby shower scheduled for the first weekend in April. This isn’t going to be your typical baby shower because Amy isn’t your typical girl. I’m excited to plan something so different.

Saturday night we celebrated Amy’s birthday. We had dinner, Amy opened her presents, and we hung out on her sofa. I introduced Amy to Etsy. She is trying to find accessories for her nursery. She loved Etsy.

It was a warm weekend; spring has arrived. Unfortunately, spring won’t be in Houston for long. We have really looooooong summers. This weekend I was able to do some spring cleaning. I put away my electric blanket and floor heaters. I restocked my empty refrigerator with fruit, veggies, and diet coke. Have y’all tried the reusable grocery bags? My sister gave me these bags and I LOVE them. They hold more than the plastic bags and they’re easier to carry. I’ve been really bad about remembering to bring them into the store so I now keep them in the front seat of my car.


I'm not joking about the refrigerator being empty. Sad.

I try to do my major household shopping twice a year. You know the things we must have… Charmin toilet paper, detergent, fabric softener, cleaning products, paper towels, etc… This weekend I restocked everything and I’m hoping it will last until the fall. I also had to purchase a new power strip for my desk. This is what happened to the power strip I’ve been using. I noticed it a few weeks ago; I'm not sure how it happened but it can’t be good. I also booked my travel for next week and caught up on expense reports. Ahh... it feels good. Hope y'all had a good weekend.

15 comments:

Amy Maze said...

hey girl! i put away my electric blanket and other winter decor and pulled out the spring and easter stuff too! do you think your power strip contributed to your burnt smell you posted about earlier? just wonderin? i'm glad it didn't cause a fire! hope you have a great weekend!!

Jules said...

Sounds like a productive weekend! I really want to get into using the reusable grocery bags, especially for the environment. I think it's great that you're using them.

The Cape House said...

I love to use those green bags, but yeah, you first have to remember to bring them. As for the refrigerator, it looks like you're staying hydrated at least. :)

Danielle Moss said...

Way to be productive. I have started painting my nails a brighter color and wore a dress and sandals today, even though it was a little chilly. It's feeling a little like spring ;)

yours truly... said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that plate! Is it an etsy purchase??

So glad you had a productive, great weekend!

Abbi said...

i'm SOOOO excited about spring too!
love that plate!very cute!
you did have a productive weekend! i need whatever inspiritation you have to get motivated like you...lol!

Amy said...

So glad that your weekend was productive, but I am still trying to get over the fact that you buy toilet paper only twice a year. But I guess your not home a lot due to your job. Hope you have a great week!

Whitney said...

Wow, sounds like you got alot done. I love that plate with the monogram on it. Did you make it? And awesome work on the reusable shopping bags, I really need to get better with using mine.

AndreaLeigh said...

i need to get busy with spring cleaning. this is the first week it has actually been steadily warm... I hope it stays that way!

my fridge looks like yours - well, if I would clear out all the junk it would!

Aubrey said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun and productive weekend! I'll be pulling out my electric blankets any day now as winter will probably be making a delayed appearance!

I have about 6-7 reusable bags. I ALWAYS forget them in the trunk of my car. I need to get better about using them! LOL

Anonymous said...

O those reusable bags are neat! I want some!

AG said...

I can't wait to put away my electric blanket for good. I am looking forward to the spring.

Purple Flowers said...

I keep those grocery bags in the trunk of my car, so I can't forget them.
Don't you just love those weekends when all is done on your "to do" list? It amazes me, and makes me feel GREAT! I have Spring cleaning and gardening ahead of me.

midnight macaroons said...

Yikes, that power bar looks scary. Buying a new one was a good idea. I'm really looking forward to spring. The weather has been so great the past few days. I heard it's going to rain this next week (bummer) but at least it'll wash some of that icky pollen away. My hubby was working in the garage and left my car outside. This morning my car was yellow andI drive a silver car (gross). I would love to peek at the Williams-Sonoma cook book. I'm sure they have some great cake recipes.

In This Wonderful Life said...

That is awesome you do your major shopping twice a year! I'd never know how much to get to make it last! I need to spring clean, BAD!