3.23.2009

Spring Package and A Poll

As most of my readers know, I sponsor a baby at New Day Foster Home in China, Gracie. I got to meet Gracie last fall when I visited New Day. While I was there I also fell in love with a 4 year old little girl, Olivia. I wrote about Olivia and her story in this post.

Occasionally, I send packages to Gracie and Olivia. I usually don’t post what I send to them prior to shipping. New Day usually sends photos of the girls opening their packages and I like to post those photos. I love how happy they look!

I’ve been putting together a spring package for Gracie and Olivia, including some treats for their friends. I just had to share one of the items I found for Olivia. She’s such a little girly-girl and loves dresses. I found this dress and a matching baby doll dress at TJ Maxx. After a long hard search, I found a Chinese baby doll to wear the dress. Do y’all know how hard it is find Asian baby dolls? Not easy and not right! I just thought it was so cute; I hope she likes it.





I haven't posted in a few days because I’ve been really busy working on the baby shower I’m hosting the first weekend of April. My friend, Amy, is having twin boys. She is almost sure she wants to name the boys Parker and Chase. The problem is Amy and her husband can’t decide which spelling of Chase to use… Chase or Chace. I’ve added a poll to the sidebar of my blog. She would love it if you could vote for the spelling you like best. Thanks!

28 comments:

jlc said...

LOVE the name Parker!!! I was thinking of it for our kids. So classy!

Sandra said...

Really better to keep the spelling "normal" - as in use Chase. It will be so much simpler in the years to come to leave the spelling more traditional! {based on experience for yrs. as a teacher}

Jules said...

I love the dress and the matching one for the baby doll. Olivia will love it!

I'm a Philly girl and love Chase Utley, so I like the traditional spelling of it. The name Parker is great.

AndreaLeigh said...

that is adorable, jill! i love the spelling chace.

Amy C said...

Thanks for the poll Jill..and thanks to Jill's readers for their help :-)

Megan said...

Cute dress & matching one for the baby doll! I'm sure she'll love it!

Petunia said...

How cute! Olivia is going to be thrilled!!!

Jane said...

The dress and doll are so cute. She will love them!

Elizabeth said...

Love that dress! It's adorable!! She's going to love the doll!!

Sara said...

The dresses are adorable! My niece loves having a matching dress for her dolls!

Abbi said...

LOVE the matching dresses!! she will love it!! your soooooo awesome for doing this!!!

AmyT said...

That is the cutest thing ever!!!!

yours truly... said...

Oh. My. Goodness!! That is absolutely ADORABLE!! What a cute idea, I'm sure she will love it!!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

I voted for Chase. Chace is just too trendy for me.

Jenji said...

That is a PERFECT little dress and doll. They will love it!

Sassy Engineer said...

How cute! I love them :) I think I would go for Chase.

midnight macaroons said...

Yes, I don't see a lot of Asian baby dolls in the stores. I bought an Asian doll at World Market & wrapped it in a fortune cookie box tied with a ribbon & chop sticks for our friend. It was really cute but nothing as adorable as your doll. I think it's wonderful that you have adopted Gracie & Olivia. They are both lucky to have you in their lives.

3 Peanuts said...

So cute. I almost named Will, Chase! Love the doll...Kate has that one and youa re right...it is hard to find Asian dolls. I ought to look at TJ for the dress doll combo.

In This Wonderful Life said...

Gracie is THE luckiest girl ever!! she will love it!

Purple Flowers said...

The dress and doll dress are beautiful!

To answer your question about gardening. All it takes is alittle practice, and the knowledge to know that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. :)

Danielle Moss said...

The dress and doll are so sweet. YOU are so sweet :)

Chase and Parker are really cute. As you know, I prefer Chase. I'm thinking she's going to have to go with the S.

ACH said...

What a beautiful dress & doll--and idea! I'm sure she'll love it.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Your positive words meant a lot to me :) Best of luck getting out of your funk, too!

Whitney said...

What a lovely spring package!! I'm sure she will love it! You are so sweet!

I LOVE the names Parker and Chase. And I would most definitely do the traditional spelling. There was a boy at my church who spelled his name Chace and it was always getting pronoucned: Chaaa-say or Chay-see. . . right.

Jules said...

How sweet!

Global Girl said...

Oh, cute!

melissa said...

Oh Jill, the dress and doll and just darling!!
I need to put together a package for sweet Elise :)

melissa

Janet said...

The dress and doll are just perfect. Olivia will love the gift.
Love, Mom

Lexilooo said...

I LOVE the dress and matching doll! I actually sponsor two little girls in Albania through World Vision. I send them packages from time to time too, but unfortunately, there are size restrictions and I think I totally push the size limit as it is! Dresses would work though, since they can be folded up. I've found small dolls and I send books. Etsy is a great place to find beautiful things too. I am hoping to meet them next year. I'll come back to your blog to hear more about your babies :)