3.16.2009

Tonight I'm in New Orleans. My hotel is not humid and it's wonderful. I wish I stayed in hotels this fabulous every week. After I checked in, they informed me the parking was $30 per night. Ouch... I don't pay that much for parking in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Actually, my company is paying for it but still...

Tonight I met up with an old co-worker. We had a great dinner at this crepe restaurant. We also had great conversation about the "old days." It was a fun night. I'm sooo tired and I have a really long day tomorrow, working and back to Houston. Good Night!


6 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

I'm glad you like the hotel! Sorry I declined your call today. I was in the middle of a phone interview. I forgot to call you back, didn't I?

Talk soon. Did you watch GG?

midnight macaroons said...

It looks exactly like a tiny bistro that Richard and I ate at in Paris; Le Bistro de Montemare. I've never dined at the La Crepe Nanou. Was it any good? What did you order?

Another great place is called, Deanie's (seafood). It's off of Iberville St. in the French Quarter. They have the biggest onion rings I've ever seen and the hush puppies melt in your mouth. We once stopped in for dinner before the Opera. My husband had his tux on and I had a full length gown. I had napkins everywhere not to spill anything on my expensive dress. We were running really late and sat at the counter. It's one of my favorite memories of living back there. We still laugh thinking about inhaling hush puppies and fried catfish before the Opera. We were so refined (wink).

I hear ya on the parking prices!!! I grew up in San Francisco and I thought nobody was more expensive for parking; especially down by Pier 39. But I guess that's how the Big Easy makes their money too; robbing tourist. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Jules said...

I love New Orleans and I'm glad you're having a nice time. The dinner sounds delicious!

You get to go to some fun places for work.

Amy said...

I know it's tiring, but I think your job is so neat. I would love to be able to travel like that and experience so many different things. Get some rest.

Petunia said...

Have fun in my hometown!

AndreaLeigh said...

crepes sounds divine! yummy. how was your trip?