5.13.2009

I'm Not A Photographer

I work for K*dak. We were featured Sunday night on the Celebrity Apprentice. Yay, Joan! I don’t take pictures for a living. I wish… wouldn’t that be fun? I’m a “Regional Trainer,” which can mean many different things on different days.

I love photographers! I love their work! I’m just not one of them and most people who know me would agree.

Funny story…

One night I was out with my friend, Dr. Mark. We were with a group of people, having a great time. Someone yelled, “Does anyone have a camera?” Of course, I did! I pulled my basic point-n-shoot out of my purse and snapped away. Dr. Mark pointed to me and yelled, “She’s a photographer.” Ha Ha. I’m really not.

A few months later I was at dinner with the same group of people. The majority of people at our dinner table were in medicine or law. I was talking with my friend, Carl. We both noticed everyone was talking “shop.” I didn’t say a word; Carl was silent. After a while Carl said to me, “Jill, I’m so glad you’re friends with us. We needed some fresh faces in this group. Everyone is a doctor, a nurse, or a lawyer. I’m in banking and you’re a photographer.”

Y’all, he really thinks that’s what I do for a living. I had corrected him before but not this time. I think it’s so funny.

This morning I got an email from my friend, Carrie. When I was in China last fall I took a really cool picture of Miss Gracie. Check out my sidebar for the only cool photo I've ever taken. Ha Ha. I didn’t plan for it to be a cool photo but it turned out really well. It was a complete accident. A magazine in China just used my photo in an ad for New Day Foster Home. So funny… I should send the ad to Carl and tell him I’ve been published. ;)





Speaking of New Day Foster Home, The Design Girl is hosting a raffle for a blog makeover. All the proceeds will go to NDFH's Formula Project. The Formula Project provides much needed formula to babies living in foster care or orphanages in rural China. Without these special deliveries from NDFH, the babies would be given substitutes like sugar water or rice powder to ease their hunger pains. Please stop by The Design Girl and help if you can.

8 comments:

texaslauren77 said...

That's so funny! I'm SOOOO not a photographer, either, but it sounds like it would be fun! Your picture of Gracie is very cute! :) Congrats on being published! ;)

Heather said...

That is funny that he thinks that's what you do - and now you have published a photograph, which is really neat!

midnight macaroons said...

That's hilarious. I love it! Wow, now I can refer to you as my photographer friend in Houston, LOL! Congrats on the lay out. I think that's super great!!!

I feel your pain. Our dinners consist of medicine, law, and banking also. I usually have nothing to contribute to the conversation. Once my hubby told a guy I race Go-Carts. I came back from the bathroom and I thought the guy was drunk. I had no idea what he was talking about. The entire table kept laughing and asking me odd questions about Go-Carts racing. I could have killed my husband. I think I would rather be a photographer than a Go-Cart racer, LOL!

AmyT said...

how funny!! I would so love to be a photographer!

Treasure Ann said...

What a great career you have as a regional trainer, and working for Kodak. BTW, have you ever thought about taking up photograhy as a hobby anyway. I bet you would do great. Have a good night, and yes that was a funny story-if you think about it, I would say you are a photographer. I like that picture of Gracie.

Jules said...

I know you travel all of the time and I always wondered what you did. It all makes sense now! That is so great that your photo got published. It really is a sweet photo of Gracie!

melissa said...

SO cool that your photo of Gracie was published! You are now a 'famous' photographer ;)

In This Wonderful Life said...

your a photographer :) just in your own way! I'm kinda the same way. I love taking pictures but I don't think I'm great at it.