5.10.2009

Weekend Update

Oh my… last week was so busy. I’m exhausted and about to hit the bed. Last Sunday I flew to Columbus, OH (and had a problem on the moving walkway at Midway Airport in Chicago). Although I was only in Columbus for 2.5 days, I loved Columbus! Thank you Jill, for the Columbus shopping and dining suggestions. I arrived home after midnight on Tuesday night. Thursday I drove to Louisiana and arrived home late on Friday night.

Saturday I cleaned my apartment and prepared to have my co-worker, Jim, and his wife over for dinner. Jim and I have worked together for 10.5 years. He’s like a second dad to me. We started with appetizers and wine. For dinner I made my mom’s recipe for Shrimp Etoufee. My mom and dad are both from Louisiana, so we have some great family recipes. :)


Since I couldn’t make it to San Antonio for Mother’s Day, Lindsay invited me to brunch with her family. I LOVE Lindsay's parents. They live in a beautiful house on Lake Conroe. After brunch we had mimosas on the deck and visited. With the exception of the appetizer tray on Saturday night, I didn’t take any photos…so unlike me. I’m just too tired.

Yay, Joan Rivers won the Celebrity Apprentice. I know there are many people who aren’t fans of Joan Rivers. I don’t understand why? I love her! For years and years my friend, Tiffany, and I have loyally watched Joan on the Red Carpet, no matter what channel she's on. Joan is funny, honest, and real. She completely deserved to win the Celebrity Apprentice. Not only is Joan passionate about her charity, she is very involved. Yay for Joan…


17 comments:

texaslauren77 said...

I am so with you...Joan Rivers CRACKS. ME. UP!!! :) Glad she won!

Danielle Moss said...

I think Joan is scary, but hilarious. I saw her walking down the street once. That lady has some seriously firm skin ;)

That tray looks delicious. Glad you had a nice time.

mehwish shaikh said...

I just love your blog...where did you get this layout from>!??? :)

Kari said...

That looks delicious! And, I haven't been a faithful watcher of Apprentice, but I have watched a bunch of the episodes lately. I missed the end of it last night, so thanks for letting me know who won! I was rooting for Joan!!

AndreaLeigh said...

Joan is awesome! I love how she keeps it real.

AmyT said...

wow you've been a busy lady!!! I think Joan is a hoot!! btw....that looks SO yummy!!!!!!

Woman Interrupted said...

Yum! Sounds like a fun weekend. Will you be posting your mom's etouffee recipe?

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I think Joan is funny!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

That looks so delicious!

Jules said...

It must feel good to be back home after all of that traveling. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend full of good friends and food :)

I was really happy Joan won too. I thought he was going to pick Annie. Thank goodness it was Joan!

midnight macaroons said...

I didn't realize that both your parents are from Louisiana. We'll have to share recipes. I love Crawfish Etoufee. Do you like Gumbo?

I love Joan Rivers. She's soooo funny!

Sweet Simplicity said...

You did have a busy weekend! Your app tray looks so pretty!

jlc said...

You are too funny!

No no... that picture was taken back in June at a wedding!


I would never get that dolled up for class. Haha! Although I *was* wearing a dress today... it was far more teacher-y.


:)

Love that we both posted about deelish food today.

Danielle Moss // Graphic Design and Photography said...

Not sure if you saw, but I started the raffle for New Day so I was hoping you could post about it for me :)

Whitney said...

I thought that she would win! I don't watch the Apprentice but I just knew that she would win!

That platter of food looks divine!

Domestic Diva said...

Love your spread...it looks fabulous. Glad you had a grea Mother's Day. Joan is just too -honest & funny. What is not to love about that. A women that speaks her mind --with out apologies!! LOVE HER!!
xxxxxx me

Jules said...

That tray looks DIVINE!