5.05.2009

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

This Sunday is Mother's Day. Have you bought your mom a card or gift yet? If you're still looking for ideas, here's a few ideas your mom might enjoy...

~A Pedicure~

Wouldn't it be fun to have a Mother-Daughter Pedicure? After the pedi you could treat your mom to lunch. Sandal season has started and who wouldn't love a fresh pedi?




~Personalized Charm Bracelet~

I love these custom-made, personalized bracelets from this Etsy Store, Joyfully Crafted. Wouldn't it be cute to order one for mom with a name charm for each of her children and grandchildren? You can also order gift cards from Joyfully Crafted, so mom can pick her own bracelet.




~Homemade Gifts~

If funds are limited this year, you can always make your mom a homemade card or a paper flower arrangement. I made this paper flower arrangement last year using the free paper flower pattern from Amy Butler.

~Make a Charitable Donation in Your Mom's Name~

Last year I made a donation in my mom's name to an organization that helps orphans in China. I wrote my mom a card telling her about the donation and why I donated in her name. She loved it; she cried. After years of buying gift cards, flowers, candy, and presents, I think this gift meant the most to my mom. For Mother's Day this year, I have sponsored a child at New Day Foster Home in Beijing in my mom's name. She will receive monthly updates on a sweet little girl, Elizabeth. Elizabeth was abandoned at 8 years old. She just had a heart surgery and she's currently in recovery. You can also make a one-time donation in your mom's name to the various projects New Day supports.




Look who's picture is in the "N." She's so cute!

19 comments:

midnight macaroons said...

I love the personalized bracelet. The pedi would be great too!

Lexilooo said...

I LOVE Amy Butler! I actually found a really cute bird house on etsy for my mother :)

Sara said...

These are great ideas! I love the bracelet idea. I think I'm headed over to etsy right now.

Jules said...

These are all such sweet and thoughtful ideas! The paper flowers that you made are so pretty. I also like the idea of donating to a charity in honor of your mother.

In This Wonderful Life said...

These are great ideas! that bracelet is beautiful!

Tami said...

Great post and ideas!!! The last one is definitely near and dear to my heart.....I have to get a move on....:-)

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

I like the charm bracelet. I'm on Etsy all the time but I hadn't come across that before. Thanks!

I also like the idea of finding old, old photos of Mom as a child, and scanning them into a computer. Then you could make a digital slide show, and e-mail it to her and other relatives, or put it on a USB drive (which can also be part of the gift itself, since they're so useful).

Thanks for a fun post!

Treasure Ann said...

Thank you Jill for those great ideas for Mother's Day gifts. I love the charm bracelet idea. Thanks for sharing. I actually crocheted my mom a prayer shawl and made her natural bath beads with essential oil. She can use it when she takes a relaxing bath. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day celebration with your mom.

Jules said...

Great post. I got my mom a personalized apron from William Sonoma. It wasn't expensive and it's very cute!

Sweet Simplicity said...

that is a very sweet gift! Those paper flowers are so cute!!

Sassy Engineer said...

What neat ideas! My mom actually just got her first ipod, so I got her some accessories to go with it :)

Amy Maze said...

I love the donation idea, especially for my grandmother who has it all! I mean what do you buy a 79 year old woman who doesn't need anything???? Thanks for your thoughts on the house situation too! I love your '3 matching forks'!! hilarious! we should register for a 'i'm 34 and still single' shower, don't you think?

Angie said...

I love that flower arrangement, it's so cute!! What a great idea

Unknown said...

those are so cute!

I really need some advice! Help!

all i need is love... said...

Beautiful ideas! My mom and I did the pedicure/spa thing last year and she loved it!

Domestic Diva said...

Love these gifts, thanks for sharing! Also thank you for following my blog!
xxx me

AndreaLeigh said...

great ideas! i waited until the last minute and got my mom a gift certificate to sephora. oh well.

BARBARA DIPALMA said...

pair that beautiful flowers to an original heart-felt poem, perhaps. ah, now that is a heart warming gift. :)

Christmas Gifts said...

I love all of these ideas. I have a great tray to do a practice one, and was hoping to make some as gifts if it turns out well, Yours is a nice blog. Liked it!!!