9.17.2009

Dallas this Week

This week I worked in the Dallas area and I got to visit with my brother and BFF, Tiffany. I love it that Tiff and I enjoy the exact same activities… discussing decorating, fashion, & fabric, watching television, doing nothing, and drinking wine. We love to be indoors and when people talk about having kids, we both cringe.

Tiffany worked really hard in the kitchen to prepare us this lovely dinner. Just kidding… it’s take out, another thing we have in common.


I LOVE her kitchen table chairs


Thumb Print Cookies from Snow White Bakery in Abilene, TX. Tiffany's mom was in Abilene, last week and returned with cookies. Tiff and I met at Abilene Christian University. Thumb Print Cookies from Snow White were a favorite! Fall our senior year, we made a pledge deliver us Thumb Print Cookies and Diet Coke. Don't worry we weren't mean, as I pledge I took orders too. :)




Tiffany’s Grandmother gave her this amazing antique sofa. Tiffany just had it recovered. I'm pretty sure, it's the cutest sofa I've ever seen.



Love the back!



Fabrics for throw pillows





~Funny Story~


As Tiffany and I were lounging in the big-comfy chair, browsing Etsy, and drinking wine her husband, B, entered the den with a question. He said, “I have one for y’all...'Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.' Who said that?”

Tiffany immediately responded with, “Why would you ask us?” We laughed. B left the den. Tiff turned to me and said, “At first I thought he was telling us a riddle.” I said, “At first I thought it was a joke.” We laughed until we cried. Good times! For the record, the quote is from Robert Frost and yes I had to Google it. Tiff and I have other things to worry about like fabric, decorating, and thumb print cookie.

25 comments:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

How fun! :)

And I soooo want that sofa!!

Lesley said...

My father lived in Dallas for practically my whole life..(he's in Austin now,) and I love that city! The Dallas Symphony is wonderful. I love hearing about your adventures around TX.

Shoshanah said...

I really want to try one of those thumb print cookies now!

Lis said...

Loving the story about Robert Frost - reminds me of times when the hubby looks at me and my BFF like we are aliens!! :)

And I just adore her sofa and kitchen table chairs - so perfect!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Everything in her house is amazing! I'm glad you got to catch up with an old friend!

Kassie said...

That couch is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's cute. I love having a good friend like that :)

midnight macaroons said...

I'm in love with her antique couch. It's beautiful!!! Her dining room table is gorgeous. Hope you have a wonderful week. Be safe out there on the road.

Miss Sweet Tea said...

So glad to find out we have even more in common - one of my favorite activities happens to be doing nothing!! :) Right up there with watching TV and drinking wine!

Amy Maze said...

ha!!! thanks for starting my friday with a laugh!

s. pearce feldman said...

you're too cute! that frost story just cracks me up. hope you have a great weekend!

Brittney said...

Those thumbprint cookies look very good!

Jenn Green said...

Where does Tiff get her furniture? i like her dining table too. I miss Abilene's thumb print cookies. I can't believe she didn't get YELLOW icing!!! :)

Rachel H. said...

That couch is SO cute, and I wish you hadn't put up the photos of the cookies. Now, I want to go and get some! :)

Ashley said...

I love pretty much everything about this post!

Sara said...

Sounds like a great time catching up. Love those chairs! Wonder if she got them in Dallas... I've been looking for something similar for our dining room. Going to have to keep my eyes peeled for them...

Jennifer said...

Love that dining area... especially that blue wall! I'm such a fan of bold colored walls...

LWLH said...

It's always great reconnecting with friends! :)

Petunia said...

Oh, my! Is that a pink & green sofa? ::SWOON::
I knew that was Robert Frost! Ya'll are too funny!

Woman Interrupted said...

Love Tiffany's settee. I also love that her husband was home and there were only two places set at that adorable table.

Gotta have us some girl time once in a while!

Kate said...

That sofa=AMAZING!

TanyaLea said...

Sounds like a load of fun!! :)

WHERE did she find that dining set??... I have been searching for something almost identical, but no luck...I especially LOVE the chairs!

Fantastic job on her recovering of the sofa, too...great fabric choices!! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

melissa said...

You are SO right, Jill .. that sofa is fabulous!!

Jules said...

It sounds like you had a great time and I love her kitchen table chairs and the sofa is so beautiful. The Thumb Print cookies look yummy!

I thought the quote was going to be a joke too ;)

In This Wonderful Life said...

sounds like you girls had fun! LOVE that sofa! She needs to get a blog and show us lots of fun stuff!