9.30.2009

Odds~n~Ends

Girl's Night



Last week while I working in North Houston, I met up with Amy and Maria for a Girl’s Night. We met while working at Kodak and used to have Girl’s Nights once a month. Since I’ve moved to San Antonio, we haven’t had the chance to meet up. It was great to get together again and catch up. It was a night of good wine, good food, and good company… great combo!





Happy Birthday, Jarrett



Yesterday was my brother’s 30th birthday. I can’t believe he’s 30! Happy Birthday, Jarrett. Jarrett was the was the cutest baby boy I've ever seen. When I was in junior high and high school I used to carry his baby picture in my wallet.




Happy Birthday, Pawpaw


Today is my Pawpaw’s 87th birthday. My sister was in town for the afternoon and we took Pawpaw to lunch. We told him to pick any place he wanted to have lunch; Pawpaw picked Popeye's Fried Chicken. So funny… it was a greasy mess, my sis and I shared something, my stomach hurt after lunch but Pawpaw loved it! He asked for a DVD player for his birthday. I guess after 87 years of life and serving in World War II, everyone deserves a DVD player. :) My sister found some really cool vintage magazines from the 40's at an antique shop in Omaha, NE. He loved them!

10 comments:

Amy C said...

Your PawPaw is freakin ADORABLE and I LOVE that he picked Popeye's...YUMMY :-) I love the vintage mags that Jenn got...what a cool idea!!!

Okay...I need your copies of the pics from girls night, I like your group shot better than mine :-) I will send you mine tonight.

Sweet Simplicity said...

Your PawPaw is SO cute! I love that he picked Popeye's for lunch.
(I just realized I wrote basically the exact same thing as the comment above me. I guess great minds think alike!)

Sara said...

That does my heart good that he picked Popeye's. So cute! It's the simple things, huh?

My grandma is 83 and I would fall over if she asked for a dvd player!

Jamie said...

Your PawPaw is so cute! I love the gifts y'all gave him!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Jarret and PawPaw! They're both adorable.

AmyT said...

Happy Birthdays!!! Today is my hubby's 30th!

LWLH said...

Happy Birthdays!!! :)

That Pink Girl said...

Aw, Pawpaws are the BEST! So glad you were able to spend his birthday with him.

Jules said...

Girl's night sounds like it was a blast and I love the name of that wine. It is always so nice to get together and connect with the ladies in your life.

Happy birthday to your brother and Pawpaw! Your brother was an adorable kid and your Pawpaw looks like he had a wonderful birthday. I bet you and your sister made his day :)

P.S. I left you an award on my blog.

midnight macaroons said...

I LOVE PawPaw!!! He's so cute!!! Popeye's chicken is my hubby's favorite too. It hurts my stomach also. Cajuns can eat anything and be fine. Hope brother Jarret had a fantastic 30th!