9.15.2009

My Sister~ The Ex-Blogger



I think I've mentioned this before... long before I had a blog my sister, Jennifer, had a blog. She is so funny and witty. I've begged her to start blogging again but she doesn't think she has the time.

Although Jennifer and I work in completely different industries (Jennifer in the shopping mall industry and I'm in the photo industry), she travels for work as much as I do. We travel so much, we've discussed becoming consultants for the travel industry. Trust me, they need us. :)

Speaking of work, yesterday was my 11 year anniversary with my company. They had a huge party for me with lots of cake. Just kidding... they didn't do anything and they probably didn't even know it was my hire date. Ha!

I decided to share a funny blog post Jennifer wrote 3 years ago about work travel. Enjoy...


Jennifer wrote:


I haven't blogged in awhile for two reasons: one is I've been traveling so much with my job that I have no time, the second is I have no life to blog about now that all I do is travel. Well, I finally have something to blog about, and it has to do with my travels.

My job recently changed in March, and I've been traveling about once a week. I mostly travel to locations where we have properties: Detroit, Milwaukee, Tampa, Phili, Chicago, New York. Throw a Vegas & Canada trip in there, too, and that's been my life for the last 3 months. Sounds fun, right?

Sometimes it is; sometimes it is not. Here is a story of when it is not fun...On this occasion, I'm trying to get to Detroit on Sunday evening, so Ill be bright & fresh for Monday morning - Great idea, right? This is the story of my journey to the Motor City.


June 18th and 19th, 2006


One Continental ticket from San Antonio to Detroit.......... $1,100


Four hour delay from San Antonio & some bad airport nachos............ $13.59


A fat glass of wine in first class (San Antonio to Houston)......... free


Learning the plane you just got off of has mechanical problems............ I'm feelin' dangerous!


Getting on another plane at midnight only to get right off for more mechanical problems........... equals free hotel room and change of flight


Sharing a cab with new plane friend to a dive hotel while you pass a dozen nice hotels.............. $30


Checking in the dive hotel with the manager missing a button on his shirt & showing chest hair................. lucky me


New plane friend finding bed bugs & warning me.............. I was so tired, I almost didn't care


Finding small, black curly hairs in my bed..................... no extra charge


Loosing my own button and flashing hotel attendant on the way out................ no extra charge for him


Hearing about my cab driver holding a pistol to a New Orleans evacuees' head because he wouldn't pay the cab fare......... $25 plus tip


Large coffee to make up for 2 hours of horrible sleep................. $2.50


Dealing with perky campers (and their extra large duffel bags) and camp counselors in Northwest ticket line............... I'm about to loose it & stick my blackberry up the counselor's ass


Another 2 hour delay for mechanical reasons.............................. this is not meant to be


Arriving in Detroit exactly 21 hours after my journey began............ A true Continental experience


Leaving Detroit 3 hours after I arrive..................... Priceless


17 comments:

Nina said...

Jennifer, Please join us back in Blogland!!! Please with sugar on top :) Great post! xxoo

jana said...

I loved Jennifer's blogs! I feel as bad for her trip reading it this time as I did the first time, but she cracks me up!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

This is so cute! She should start blogging again!

Hunter and Hailey's mom said...

Wow, I had a somewhat close to that experience with them too!!!! except my aunt called the airline and told them her niece was flying all alone and they had to get me on the next flight cause I was scared.....Then they asked how old I was...she didn't want to tell them I was 25!!! They got me on the next flight ...which was at 10pm leaving Houston...I drove there for 2 hours got there at 7:30 am that morning. I was one tired traveler!!! I couldn't imagine doing it all the time.

Jane said...

Your sister is too funny! Tell her to get back in the game!

Emmett said...

Your right she should start blogging again. Great blog!

In This Wonderful Life said...

that sounds like one heck a trip!!!! I wish she would start blogging again! do it, do it, do it!!

Kassie said...

She is too funny! Tell her that of course she has a bit of time every once in awhile...because we all want to read it. :)

Danielle Moss said...

She should start a blog again! She could dress Daisy up once a week and take pictures.

Daisy would love it.

Do it for Daisy, Jennifer. Come on.

AmyT said...

love it..thanks for sharing....though her expeirence not great..still funny stuff!!!!

THE Stephanie said...

Oh my! Really, that can't take her too terribly long to type! And she can even type it on those long flights!! LOL

C'mon, Jennifer! We can all use some more laughs in blogland!!

Jennifer said...

Hilarious! But I can totally relate... try flying through DFW at Thanksgiving or Christmas! Not fun at all!

midnight macaroons said...

Ewww, black curly hairs in your hotel bed. WAIT A MINUTE!!! A black curly hair found in bed, hairy front desk guy is missing a button....JEENKIES! Heads up Scooby and the gang, I solved the mystery!!!

Abbi said...

too funny!
you and your sister both are so cute! i love the shoes...too cute!!!!
get her back in blogsphere..lol!

Jenn Green said...

I wish I could forget that trip, but it was truly the worst! I'm surprised you found that post but thanks for publishing. It reminds me that we should all enjoy the JOURNEY!

Perhaps the insanity makes up for the cool people you meet along the way and the crazy experiences.Thanks for the well-wishes to re-enter blogland...

Jules said...

Your sister is funny and should definitely start her blog back up. That sounds like quite the adventure. At least she was able to make light of it!

Kate said...

Your sister is hilarious. She better start blogging again!